National Relaxation Day is August 15th, giving us all a great excuse to enjoy a little “me” time! Not sure where to start? Check out my cheat sheet of luxurious, soothing ways to make your Relaxation Day a success! Whether you have the whole day off or just 20 minutes to yourself, these are all fool proof ways to make sure you find your zen.
Dress Like A Boho Goddess
Dress boho chic with the latest collection from Show Me Your Mumu. Their line of boho chic flowing clothing is the perfect way to add some comfort and some fun into your wardrobe. They are known for offering many flowing options keeping you airy and cool for summer. Perfect for a day on the beach or a hip night out with friends.
Nothing helps me clear my mind than getting outside into the fresh air. I love hanging by the pool or the lake and soaking up some vitamin D! And of course I have to look good as I do it! I am in love with Cabana Anna’s playful swimsuits that are sexy yet flirt with innocence too! Their signature bow top and strappy bottoms are stunning! For more information on all the cute styles visit caswim.com
Give Yourself A Pedicure
Now it’s time to reintroduce you to something that you may have been ignoring for a while — your feet! Restore your feet back to their natural softness with the Instrumental Beauty Portable Pedicure ($30). I find it so soothing to get a pedicure and take care of my feet, and when I can do it at home it is even better! This motorized spinning pedicure roller effortlessly removes dry, dead, rough skin without blades or scraping for effortlessly smooth and soft feet.
Keep Calm and Lip Balm
Give yourself a little gift – a nourishing balm with a fresh hint of a tint for an alluring just-bitten effect! When lips are lacking luscious care and color, don’t panic—Keep Calm and Lip Balm! I love the sexy six shades that not only provide a subtle color pop, but are also proven to increase lip moisture by 22%. Rimmel London is available at drug stores everywhere.
Sooth Your Face With A Calming Mask
You’ve calmed your mind, and your body — now its time to calm your skin. I love First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask ($22, Sephora) which is a perfect antidote to dry or distressed skin. First it is best to steam skin by placing your face over a boiling pot of water. Then place a thick layer of the mask across you skin and sit back and relax! Within 10 minutes skin will begin to be soothed with colloidal oatmeal and botanical antioxidants!
Bask in Simple Understated Scents
Your old scent is like the old you — INTENSE! The much more relaxed you will opt to skip heavy perfumes and refresh with Frédéric Malle gently scented shower gels, which come in nine divine scents.
- Bigarade ($55): Built on a singular bitter freshness, an excess of hesperidic notes, a touch of rose and a woody base reinforce its unique and natural structure.
- Géranium Pour Monsieur ($55): A heart of geranium from China, mint and aniseed notes, spices such as clove and cinnamon, sandalwood and a large dose of white musks are the principle actors of this novel genre.
- Bois d’Orage ($55): The ultimate man’s scent. With a heart of angelica, cedar wood and vetiver, this powerful fragrance is sensual and refined, aromatic and spicy.
- En Passant ($55): A radiant and serene perfume that captures notes of simple white lilac, accompanied shyly by orange leaves, cucumber and wheat.
- Lipstick Rose ($55): Like a dash of lipstick with its rose and violet-flavored bonbon scent. Grapefruit and violet enhance the fragrance’s rose note. The backdrop is musk and vanilla with a hint of vetiver and amber.
- Lys Méditerranée ($55): Sea spray mingles with spicy ginger lilies Imagine a scorching summer evening as the Mediterranean Sea spray mingles with the spicy scent of ginger lilies. Orange blossom gives way to a marine top note. One inhales the froth of the lily with hints of musk and vanilla.
- Eau de Magnolia ($55): A timeless summer perfume. Fresh chypre, a very natural smelling note, is animated by a somber base of vetiver and patchouli.
- Vetiver Extraordinaire ($60): A new, softer essence of vetiver matches with five woody notes to play up the scent’s various facets. The result is something surprisingly fresh and crisp.
- Carnal Flower ($65): Essential for date-night, tuberose exudes an almost carnal smell, in a harmony of flower shop freshness, spicy camphorous, and milky sweetness.
Take A Bora Bora Bath
Let your body relax as you take a soak! There is nothing more beautiful than the perfectly blue waters of Bora Bora. Now you can bring the tranquility of the beach home with you with Phytocéane BORA BORA SENSORY BATH ($33). The scent of almond and vanilla help to calm the mind and rest the body. I hope it fills the void until your next tropical escape! Available at www.lespausa.com
Take Your Hair On A Tropical Vacation
Don’t let the pampering stop — your hair deserves some love too! Try the HASK Monoi Coconut Oil Nourishing Deep Conditioner ($5.99, Ulta) After a nice restorative bath, add this deep conditioner to your luscious locks to revitalize and moisturize. The key ingredient, Monoi Oil, is native to Tahiti, is known for its re-hydrating and softening qualities and for leaving all hair types nourished, moisturized and revived.
Pop Some Bubbly
Sometimes the key to avoiding a stress headache is to just up your water intake. I love the little things that help make drinking water fun and easy — for example the Rabbit Jumbo Chilling Stones ($20). Pour yourself a glass of sparkling water topped with a lemon and lime and keep it cold with our diluting by dropping in a jumbo chilling stone. Last longer than ice — and perfect to keep you cool and calm on a hot summer day!