Imperial’s Chef Vitaly Paley and the Portland Culinary Alliance will host the third Holiday Cookbook Social on Sunday, December 6th from 1-3 pm in the Hotel Lucia’s Pettygrove Room in the heart of downtown Portland.
Acclaimed chefs and authors from the Northwest will gather to sign and talk about their books just in time for the holiday gift giving season. This free event will feature complimentary bites from most authors, and wine will be available for purchase from Imperial’s bar.
Shoppers will be able to find something for everyone on their gift list, from the ambitious home cook to the restaurant obsessor, the aspiring family bartender to the beer aficionado.
Authors attending are:
- Megan Scott-Becker and John Becker: Joy of Cooking
- Mark Bitterman: Bitterman’s Field Guide to Bitters and Amari; Salted; Salt Block Cooking
- Elias Cairo: Olympia Provisions: Cured Meat and Tales from an American Charcuterie
- Katherine Cole: How to Fake Your Way through a Wine List
- Liz Crain: Food Lover’s Guide to Portland
- Piper Davis: The Grand Central Baking Book
- Christian DeBenedetti: Beer Bites: Tasty Recipes and Perfect Pairings for Brew Lovers; The Great American Ale Trail
- John Gorham: Toro Bravo: Stories. Recipes. No Bull.
- Jacob Grier: Cocktails on Tap
- Ellen Jackson: The Chefs Collaborative Cookbook; The Grand Central Baking Book, Classic Cookies with Modern Twists
- Jenn Louis: Pasta by Hand: A Collection of Italy’s Regional Hand-shaped Pasta
- Ivy Manning: Better from Scratch; Crackers and Dips
- Jim Meehan: The PDT Cocktail Book
- Diane Morgan: Roots: The Definitive Compendium with more than 225 Recipes
- Cynthia Nims: Oysters: Recipes that Bring Home a Taste of the Sea
- Roger Porter: Eating Words: A Norton Anthology of Food Writing
- Gabriel Rucker: Le Pigeon: Cooking at the Dirty Bird
- Laura B. Russell: Gluten-Free Asian Kitchen; Brassicas
- Adam and Jackie Sappington: Heartlandia: Heritage Recipes from Portland’s The Country Cat
- Andrea Slonecker: Beer Bites: Tasty Recipes and Perfect Pairings for Brew Lovers; The Picnic: Recipes and Inspiration from Basket to Blanket
- Jen Stevenson: 100 Best Places to Stuff Your Faces; The Picnic: Recipes and Inspiration from Basket to Blanket
- Susan Volland: Mastering Sauces: The Home Cook’s Guide to New Techniques for Fresh Flavors