Shipboard spas are big business especially on mega-liner operators such as Celebrity Cruises which hosts a Canyon Ranch at Sea facility plus a very popular Take Care of YourSelfie activity-driven shore excursion program in partnership with New York Times best-selling author and digital trailblazer Randi Zuckerberg. The wellness program launched earlier this year to rave reviews from fitness enthusiasts and passengers seeking to up their calorie expenditures to control waistlines while surrounding by tempting dining options. Those who have already experienced it on one of Celebrity’s ships will be happy to know the company has added more options. “With this new collection of shore excursions, finding a tech-life balance now can happen on land and at sea,” explained Dot Complicated founder Randi Zuckerberg. “On vacation, many of us have grown accustomed to literally experiencing a destination through a digital lens. These active experiences ensure that there is an opportunity to be fully engaged and present during your modern luxury vacation.” “In our very connected culture, it can be challenging to take time and disconnect while on vacation, even for a moment” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises. “We have loved working with Randi to combine our expertise with hers and provide more ways for guests to enjoy their vacation and enrich their mind, body and soul with the Take Care of YourSelfie program. Personally, I can’t wait to experience the new shore excursions, plus the incredible options from the curated spa and fitness menu that started it all.”
The cruise line is offering seven new wellness excursions that include:
· Power Core’d – this takes place on the Mediterranean waters of Ibiza, Spain. It’s a guided Stand-Up Paddle (SUP) Yoga experience allows guests to engage in a complete mind and body workout and connect with the sea – and not the internet.
- Ultimate ESCape – a chance to paddle a canoe through the exquisite Neapolitan blue waters and take a panoramic drive.
- Morning SHIFT – time to unplug with a guided morning jog through scenic Philipsburg, St. Maarten.
- Hot Spot – a chance to take the waters in Melbourne, Australia, at a local, award-winning coastal escape.
- Power Cycle – another op to “sign off” from technology and explore the Roi’s Eco Park Lagoon on a hydrobike while burning calories and enjoying a tranquil, environmentally friendly ride through the crystal blue waters in Falmouth, Jamaica.
- Reiki Recharge – find you moment of Zen during a trainer-led meditation and yoga experience that takes place on the beautiful white-sand beaches of Roatan, Honduras.
- Flash, Drive, and Ride – bicycling around Valletta, Malta for an up-close look at the history and culture of Malta.
One thing is for sure there will never be a dull moment on a Celebrity cruise, unless of course you just want to sit back and smell the sea air and watch all your cares disappear in the wake. Watch the video for another Celebrity Cruises production.