Looking for a good, local restaurant away from the resorts and large crowds in Waikiki? Want to hang-out with some true “locals” in a casual, friendly, dining environment? If so, then go to the western edge of Waikiki on Oahu and try the Harbor Pub and Pizza restaurant.
The Harbor Pub and Pizza restaurant is well-known by local patrons and sailers at the near-by Ala Wai Boat Harbor & Marina. The restaurant is locally-owned and offers breakfast, lunch and dinner in a small, wood-paneled environment filled with nautical decor. The bar scene is lively and noisy on most nights, and there is a drink special during happy hour.
The Harbor Pub and Pizza restaurant is located at the end of Hobron Street just off Ala Moana Blvd, and is underneath the Chart House restaurant. It faces the marina with excellent views of the boats.
It serves typical breakfast fare, sandwiches and homemade soups for lunch, and pizzas with house-made sauce and dough until 1 a.m. each night. Daily entree specials include lasagna, corned beef has and eggs, and locally-caught fish.
It’s common for visitors and tourists to Oahu to eat at Harbor Pub and Pizza several times during their vacation, as their prices are reasonable and the portions are large. The breakfast Eggs Benedict is legendary, and their burgers and sandwiches at lunch are quite noteworthy. Jack’s Burger is their special burger and the Nachos Grande can feed a family of four.
So if you’re looking for something a little less fancy from the Waikiki row of restaurants, take a short walk to Harbor Pub and Pizza. You just might find yourself eating there more than once on your visit to Oahu.
Harbor Pub and Pizza
1765 Ala Moana Blvd
Open: 7 a.m. to 2 a.m. every day
Tripadvisor reviews give you good insight into what others think of Harbor Pub and Pizza.
Yelp reviews also provide you with comments.
It’s an easy walk from the Hilton Hawaiian Village and the Ilikai Hotel, and a bit longer if you’re staying in the middle of Waikiki. Walk toward the marina on Ala Moana Blvd until you see the intersection with Hobron Street. Turn toward the ocean (your left) and walk half a block. Harbor Pub and Pizza is located on the right-hand side of Hobron, just past the Red Lobster restaurant.
- Have a hearty breakfast at Harbor Pub and Pizza and then continue to Ala Moana Center for a half-day of shopping at one of the largest shopping centers in the USA.
- Or shop-till-you-drop and stop for an evening pizza and cold beverage. Be prepared to meet some locals with stories.
- Walk through the marina and marvel at the countries represented by sailing boats and yachts from around the world.
Top Activities On Oahu.
- Experience Oahu’s best sights with Blue Hawaiian helicopters.
- Enjoy a personal encounter with Hawaiian marine animals at Sea Life Park.
- One must-have experience on Oahu is the Polynesian Cultural Center.
- Enjoy 4,000 acres of history, beauty, and adventure at Kualoa.
- One of Oahu’s best luaus is at Paradise Cove.
- Of course, one must-do activity on Oahu is visit Pearl Harbor and see the USS Arizona.
- Shop at Ala Moana Center, the largest open-air shopping complex in the USA.
Travel, Top 10 Lists, Polls Only & Homemade Food!
The Hawaiian island of Maui is an incredible island to visit, and Waikiki is one of the most famous beaches. Also, Honolulu airport is the “gateway” to Bangkok, one of the most visited cities in the world.
Lists & Polls Of Everything! Look at Top 10 Lists and also voice your opinion at Polls Only.
Love Delicious Homemade Food? Check-out the “Homemade Gurus” at Homemade Pizza and Homemade Mexican food. They have delicious recipes.
Top 10 Maui Restaurants.
- Mama’s Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It’s one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman’s Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It’s one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento’s On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali’ imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy’s in Ka’anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.
Maui’s Top Attractions.
- Haleakala National Park lets you visit one of the most rare sights in the world at over 32,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on all the Hawaiian islands is at Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe’o Gulch) past Hana on the far windward side of Maui.
- A “must-see” beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui, Hawaii.
- Lahaina Town & Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town with much to see.
- Stroll through gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm.
- One of Maui’s top-rated family attractions in the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii’s largest working sugar factory.
- Tedeschi Winery produces wine from Maui-grown grapes at the Ulupalakua Ranch.
- Surfing Goat Dairy has world-class cheese made upcountry in a unique setting.
Maui’s Top Activities.
- See a unique perspective of Maui with a zipline adventure with Piiholo Ranch Adventures and Skyline Eco Adventures.
- See Molokini or the remote stretches of the Kanaio Coast with Red Line Rafting.
- Atlantis Submarines offers you the only underwater tour adventure on Maui that the whole family can enjoy.
- To rent snorkel equipment on Maui, go to Snorkel Bob’s or Boss Frog’s.
- Want to see another Hawaiian island? Go with Expeditions to the island of Lanai.
- There’s nothing like seeing Maui from a helicopter and Blue Hawaiian may be the best of Maui.
- Looking to jet ski? Jet Ski Maui is a seasonal activity but is a lot of fun even for beginners.
- Sunset dining on Maui gives you an unforgettable experience, and the Maui Princess is the boat to be on.
- Want to parasail while on Maui? UFO Parasail on Kaanapali Beach has been doing it longer than anyone.
- Bike down the Haleakala volcano for an amazing experience with Haleakala Bike Company.
- Trilogy offers one of the best excursions on Maui with several different daily tours.
- Enjoy The Road To Hana in a luxury vehicle with The Maui Touring Company.
- Go with the whale experts at Pacific Whale Foundation. They offer a wide variety of daily excursions.
- Wanting to go horseback riding on Maui? Go with Pony Express Tours for the best experience.
- Go sportfishing out of Lahaina Harbor with Start Me Up.
- Captain Steve’s Rafting Adventures is the top dolphin and whale tour company on Maui.
- Warren and Annabelle’s magic show is one of the best entertainment values on Maui.
- For the best luau on Maui, go to the Old Lahaina Luau in Lahaina Town on the west side of Maui.
BONUS – Free Hula Shows!
At The Lahaina Cannery Mall on the west side of Maui, there are free hula shows. The Polynesian Dancers perform at 7 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday. The Keiki Hula Show (children performing) is at 1 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Maui’s Best Luau!
While visiting Maui or any of the islands of Hawaii. a luau is a must. Learn a few things about a luau before you go, and here’s a list of popular luaus to consider:
- One of the most popular and highly-rated luaus is the Old Lahaina Luau on the west side of Maui.
- The Feast At Lele is an oceanfront luau at 505 Front Street in Lahaina Town.
- The best family luau is the Kaanapali Beach Luau.
- Staying in Wailea? Consider the Wailea Marriott Luau and The Grand Wailea Luau.