Have a Happy Thanksgiving with your family then head out to see your favorite local artist. Black Friday shopping should end with some live music and fun with your friends. Without support the local music scene is suffering, please take the time out to go see a local band play. The local musicians put on a great show no matter what is happening around them. The local musicians and the bands will put on the same show if there are 10 people in the audience or 20,000 people. They are the true entertainers in the industry.
The local venues need the support also, without them opening their doors to the musicians there would be no $5.00 cover charges for 10 bands playing, great food and drink prices, most of all there would be no place to go see these talented musicians play. Take the chance on seeing a great show, having some great food and drinks and meeting a musician that someday will be performing in front of thousands of people.
“The GERG SHOW” every week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 – 9PM EDT/EST (-5 GMT) 4 – 6PM PDT/PST, Indie Scene Radio station owner, program director and Host DJ, Gerg Anidem, hosts his LIVE show introducing new independent music artists from around the globe every week! The station streams at 320K for THE BEST audio stream on the internet 24/7/365! Turn it up!
Tuesday November 24, 2015
- PPRN Presents Tommy Mac, Bryan Casey, Irwen the Artist Band & Friends – 7 pm – PPRN meets PBS with our very special guest Thomas J. MacDonald, host of the Emmy Award-winning PBS series “Rough Cut with Tommy Mac.” His career path from construction worker to furniture maker to television star is inspiring, and we are happy to have him on the show!
Also on tonight’s show is Bryan Casey, one of the brightest talents in New England’s independent cinema scene. He is in the studio to talk about his latest projects. And joining him is Irwen the Artist Band, who is back on PPRN for his third appearance.
Plus, three PPRN BFFs – comic Joe Reddington, actor Leo Petry and singer/songwriter Justin Perillo – are in the house, along with resident funnyman Peter Angelo and the enigmatic Phil Hall. And with host Peter Pinho running the show, you are guaranteed a great evening of music, talk and laughs.
It’s all live – uncensored, unscripted and unapologetic – at PPRNLiveRadio.com.
Vision Within – Phone Interview – 8pm – Vision Within returns to the OFNR airwaves to discuss the progress on the brand new album.
Wednesday November 25, 2015
- Machine Head – at The Webster 31 Webster St, Hartford, Connecticut 06114 – 2nd Stage Doors at 4pm
Main Stage Doors at 8pm Tickets: $27 adv | $30 day.
- PPRN Presents Mystic Seahorse + Jess & Ian – 7 pm – PPRN continues its series of live on-air concerts with Mystic Seahorse, which describes itself as “a band that’s not afraid to push the limits of music creativity by fusing different styles of music to create somthing brand new.” Get ready for some hard-hitting All- American Rock n Roll with a Punk attitude!
Also on tap are the stars of PPRN’s newest show, Jess & Ian. They are jumping over from their hit Monday program to spend some pre-Thanksgiving fun.
Plus, DJ Maxx and Phil Hall team up with Peter Pinho to keep the laughs and music rolling. It’s all happening live – uncensored, unscripted and unapologetic – at PPRNLiveRadio.com!
- Celebrate The Valley New Years With Siksay Band At River Rock Tavern – 7 pm – River Rock Tavern
5 Main St, Derby, Connecticut 06418 – Siskay Band hits River Rock Tavern for the Valley New Years Day before Thanksgiving. Bringing you sounds from Foo Fighters, The Doors, The Outfield, Maroon 5, Jason Derulo, Flo Rida, Florida Georgia Line, Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton, with Some Eminem and more thrown in. Come Rock out with Siksay Band and let them know you heard about it from Kelley.
MTHEADS Thanksgiving Eve Celebration – 9 pm – Whiskey Ally’s 12 Tighe Ave, Newburgh, New York 12550 – A Full show this time for those who caught them last week at OCC. Night before Thanksgiving is reported to be the BIGGEST night for clubs. Why not stop by in your party mode and have a few drinks!
SNAPPAHEAD’S “Get Drunk and Carve that Turkey” – 10 pm – Dudleys Parkview 94 Hudson Pk Rd, New Rochelle, New York 10805 Pre Thanksgiving Extravaganza at Dudley’s.
Thursday November 26, 2015 – Happy Thanksgiving – Sit back and enjoy dinner with the Family.
Friday November 27, 2015
Jonathan Siksay and Skye Victoria at the Twisted Vine – 7 pm – Twisted Vine Restaurant 285 Main St, Derby, Connecticut 06418 – Rocking at the Twisted Vine the Day After Giving Thanks!
The Chris Mahoney Project Live with Gary Hoey – 7:30 pm – The Chance Theater 6 Crannell St, Poughkeepsie, New York 12601 – CMP Live at The Chance Theater opening for Gary Hoey.
Saturday November 28, 2015
Posidemic ‘Ntertainment Presents: “Thanksgiving Aftermath” – 8 pm – The Outer Space / The Ballroom 295 Treadwell St, Hamden, Connecticut 06514 – Join us on Saturday for the first ever “Thanksgiving Aftermath”
Dream Of Scipio
Rise & Resist
and Jeffy Palmer!
This is a 21+ show and tickets are only $5!
- Beki Brindle Band – 9 pm – The Golden Rail Ale House 29 Old North Plank Rd, Newburgh, New York 12550 – Back from a long 7 month tour of Europe, they are playing at our favorite Ale House! Be there for some after-Thanksgiving fun Saturday.
- MINDCRIME at Cook’s Cafe 203 Church St, Naugatuck, Connecticut 06770 – 10 pm – MINDCRIME Queensryche tribute returns to Cooks Cafe Sat. 11/28 for a very special night. On top of a full night of Queensryche material we are going to be playing Dio’s Holy Diver album start to finish one time only at Cooks. It will be thanksgiving weekend and this will be a very fun event to attend after you’ve had enough of the family ! Please join them.
Sunday November 29, 2015
- Jimy Sohns performing at The Concert for Jimmy Zito – 5 pm Central Time – Arcada Theatre 105 E Main St, Saint Charles, Illinois 60174 – Benefiting The School of Rock, Oak Park, IL
This Very Special Concert has been assembled by Nicholas Psyhogios to honor his brother and fellow musician, Jimmy Zito, who we lost this year at 58 years old. Jimmy was a lifelong Chicago musician who won the hearts of many. Proceeds from this concert will help provide tuition for children who would otherwise be unable to attend The School of Rock in Oak Park.
This concert will highlight a very select group of outstanding musicians and vocalists who will perform a diverse selection of music to emulate Jim’s storied career. From Crooners and Acapella to Dance Music and Rock & Roll from the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s and more! Performances by the kids from The School of Rock will be featured.
You Will Not Want to Miss This Show!
The School of Rock – Oak Park is committed to serving the entire community’s kids. To make a donation to The James Anthony Zito Memorial Scholarship Fund, please follow this link. help-kids-rock-donate
- Jazz & Strings with Special Guest Jimmy Greene – 7:30 pm – Infinity Music Hall and Bistro (Hartford, CT) 32 Front St, Hartford, Connecticut 06103 – Jimmy Greene performs with Jazz & Strings. For years now, select members of the Hartford Symphony Orchestra under the creative direction of percussionist Gene Bozzi, have been delighting audiences with the Jazz & Strings series of concerts. And get this, not only is the Jazz & Strings concert series making its Infinity Hall debut, the line-up features none other than the incomparable Jimmy Greene. On this special night, they will be playing music from Greene’s 2014 album “Beautiful Life,” a record celebrating the life of Ana Marquez-Greene, who was killed in the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary.
Please support the local musicians and venues. Without the support the local places will slowly disappear.
If you would like articles like this delivered right to your inbox please subscribe to the author.