With Halloween only a few days away, it’s time to “ghoul” all out and glam it up with an easy-yet-unique and icon-inspired look from the cartoon classic — and newly turned film, Jem & The Holograms.
Channel the “Jem” spirit with makeup must-haves that will turn you into a fierce glam-rock girl this Halloween 2015. After all, Halloween is the frightfully-fun season where you can dress up anyway you dream and to your heart’s desire — so why not go all out and shine like a star!
Check out the makeup essentials you’ll need to “get the look” and be “Jem & The Holograms:
- For Lips: To achieve Jem’s punchy pink pout make sure wraps your lips on Laura Geller’s Iconic Baked Sculpting Lipstick in Madison Ave. Pink. The brand’s first-ever baked and sculpted lipstick boasts a uniquely quilted and curved bullet to easily sculpt and contour lips, creating the perfect cupid’s bow in just one swipe for easy application throughout the night. Price: $21, Available at Ulta and LauraGeller.com
- For the face: Get a gorgeous glow and achieve a Jem worthy pearlescent finish with the specially formulated L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Liquid Glow Illuminator. This product allows you to brighten the skin instantly from within to create the perfect dewy cheeks. Plus, light-reflecting liquids glide on to refresh and enhance the complexion for a luminous result. Price: $12.99, Available at lorealparisusa.com, drugstores and mass retailers nationwide
- For nails: For a metallic mani, get your pretty little hands on OPI’s Let’s Get Wicked Kit, a mini kit that features a quartet of mini lacquers in bold, beckoning hues brewed up especially for Halloween. Part treat, part trick, the giftable package also features silver metallic tape and ideas for creating edgy nail art to create the Jem look. Price: $13.95, Available at Ulta.com
- For face and body: Get glittery-glam with Urban Decay’s Heavy Metal Loose Glitter and Bondage Weightless Makeup Adhesive to help you achieve Jem’s pink, sparkle-encrusted face paint look, without the mess. Heavy Metal Loose Glitter is an amazing, easy-to-use loose glitter that applies on top of Bondage Weightless Makeup Adhesive for a full-on jewel-encrusted effect that lasts all day (with very little fallout). Urban Decay’s Bondage Weightless Makeup Adhesive is a clear, water-based adhesive that sets and holds the glitter amazingly well. This gentle, comfortable formula stays put until you take it off…using only water! Just brush it on, then pack Heavy Metal Loose Glitter on top of it, and voila you’re Jem fabulous! Price: Heavy Metal Loose Glitter ($12) and Bondage Weightless Makeup Adhesive ($14), Available at Ulta and select Macy’s, ulta.com, macys.com, beauty.com and urbandecay.com
- For face and eyes: Win the spotlight and bring it on with eye-catching color by using Urban Decay’s Electric Pressed Pigment Palette. After all, if you’re going to do Jem, you need to do Jem right – and that means COLOR. This gorgeous palette is packed with ten of the brightest and glam-tastic shades you’ve ever laid eyes on. These aren’t the brights you’ve seen before, which look chalky and don’t look anywhere near as vibrant on application – Electric is carefully crafted to make sure each applies with a soft and creamy texture and deliver serious color payout that’s long-lasting. Warning: Slowburn, Savage, Jilted, and Urban are not intended for the immediate eye area. Price: $49, Available at Sephora, ULTA, select Macy’s, Nordstrom, Sephora.com, Ulta.com, Macys.com, Beauty.com and UrbanDecay.com