Do you love soup? Does a refreshing and well-seasoned broth filled with noodles and a large variety of tasty additions sound like a wonderful meal? Then, a spot like Saigon Pho in Tucson, Arizona, is your perfect bowl of soup.
What is Pho?
Pho is Vietnamese noodle soup. Its broth has the homemade richness of a delicious French pot-au-feu combined with noodles, Asian seasonings, and an enormous possibility of soup goodness ingredients like thin, slices of beef, whole shrimp, tofu chunks, bits of fish, pork, or lamb along with add-on ingredients like fresh cilantro, crunchy bean sprouts, peppers, and basil.
Great reasons to try Saigon Pho in Tucson
Ready to try some Pho yumminess? Then, a spot like Saigon Pho near the University of Arizona offers interesting opportunities and positive reasons for a food adventure.
- Convenient location – Saigon Pho is located a stroll away from University of Arizona’s popular Main Gate area; its front door is visible from the University Marriott’s front lobby.
- Inexpensive – A tasty Vietnamese Pho soup dinner can be had for under $10. It’s a worthwhile, international food alternative, university student, cheap eats spot!
- Casual — Order at the register, get a number for your table, and your food is brought out to you when it’s prepared. The venue is university casual; no need to dress up.
- Other tasty options – In addition to soup dishes, rice dishes and a French-Asian baguette sandwich option is available. Boba tea and smoothies along with hot tea are available drink options. A vegetarian menu filled with numerous options is available.
- Stroll to popular university venues and events — If you’re interested in a beer after your quick Saigon Pho dinner, bar venues like Gentle Bens Brewing Company and Frog and Firkin are within easy walking distance. Popular events like the UA Science Lectures Series at Centennial Hall on University of Arizona campus are within strolling distance. The Arizona State Museum and the Arizona Historical Society both are nearby.
Good tips for enjoying your Pho
When your hot, tasty Pho arrives at your table, there is a lid on your large soup bowl. Examine the accompanying plate filled with tasty ingredients as well as the spicy sauces and seasonings on the table. If you like your broth flavored with cilantro, pepper, basil, or bean sprout flavors, add those ingredients, and place the lid on your bowl for a minute. Then, remove the lid, stir the dish, so the rice vermicelli noodles are well-blended with the flavorsome broth. Chopsticks as well as forks and spoons already are on the table, so dive in and eat!
More Vietnamese food adventure
Tucson is eclectic and has lots of international food restaurants. Be sure to enjoy the fun experience of comparing Pho at different, Vietnamese restaurants in Tucson. After trying Saigon Pho at 943 E University Blvd, check out Miss Saigon at 1072 N. Campbell Avenue and Ha Long Bay at 7245 E. Tanque Verde Road. Wherever you base your adventure, enjoy your Pho!
Find the take in this article to be helpful? National and International Travel and Recreation as well as National Education and Industry materials come from a husband and wife creative team, who travel extensively in retirement as photonaturalists and writers. One is an experienced research scientist with a doctorate in Material Sciences and background in optics research. The other holds a graduate degree in humanities and is the former Vice President of GKE (Global Knowledge Exchange), who served as a US Web-based Education Commissioner during the Clinton administration, and was a former US National Tech&Learning Teacher of the Year.
TIP: To keep current on similar articles, click the free, subscribe link at the top of this article.