The Freway 27 Speed Pedal-assist Smart Lithium Battery Electric Motor Mountain Bicycle is one of those success stories that you read about that got it’s start through a Kickstarter campaign on the Internet. You can visit the Kickstarter page to learn more but essentially Freway presented their eBike idea on Kickstarter with images, a detailed description of the eBike and the levels of contributions required. Investors were obviously impressed with what they saw because in a relatively short time, Freway succeeded in getting the funds they needed to bring the eBike project to reality.
When I first heard of the Freway eBike project, I had never heard of an eBike before. After viewing the project information online, I was impressed with the features and benefits of the eBike as a modern mode of transportation.
Freway eBike Features
- Innovative Freway Vigor System (FVS) consists of three parts, the touch panel, battery pack and smart controller. FVS provides awesome power and performance to your eBike.
- Shimano speed control system: Freway uses the Shimano 27-speed controller set. Cycle in any speed on or off-road with less strength and enjoy the ride.
- 27.5 inch bike rim: Light weighted ultra strong alloy frame has a Shake absorbing front for, Oil Press Disc Brakes, Wear-resistant and road gripping tires.
- High quality motor: The eBike’s pedal assist helps make the climb much easier. Switch from 3 cycling modes base on different riding conditions.
- 36V/ 5.2 Ah battery provides 60 miles cycling range.
- Smart data delivery: The smart touch panel can calculate and record all necessary cycling data for your workout. You will be able to see your progress and enjoy your exercise program.
- Responsive Touch Panel: The 4″ touch panel is sensitive to a light touch for adjusting settings and viewing data.
Although I will likely never have the opportunity to enjoy a Freway eBike for myself, I believe it is history in the making and an idea that has far reaching possibilities for the environment, transportation, health and entertainment. It’s also an excellent example of how a successful online funding campaign works.
The Freway eBike is available for pre-order on Amazon in your choice of Black or White for about $1200. The bike is expected to be in stock by the end of September with a projected delivery date in early October. It is sold by and ships from Fremo.
Visit Freway online to find out more about this innovative new eBike and watch a short video of the bike in action. Visit their Kickstarter Project page to find out more about their funding campaign.