It’s often said that the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival is included with your Epcot admission ticket, but what exactly does that mean? Obviously the food and drink costs money, and there are plenty of premium extra-cost experiences if you want to go all out.
If you’re on a budget, here are some Food and Wine Festival experiences that won’t cost you anything over and above your Epcot park admission.
Back to the Basics: This educational series takes place on Fridays in the Festival Center. Take a break in the air-conditioning and learn cooking tips from the pros.
Book signings: Technically, you’ll want to buy a book for these, but get a celebrity signature to personalize your book at no extra cost other than the time spent waiting in line.
The Ocean Spray Cranberry Bog: You’ve seen the Ocean Spray cranberry bogs on commercials; now visit one right at Epcot! You’ll even score a free Craisins sample.
Marketplace Discovery Passport: This free passport is a fun souvenir and also perfect for planning your dining. First, thumb through it and mark the items you intend to taste, then take it around to the various food booths to collect stamps.
Eat to the Beat concerts: The content series runs throughout the entire Epcot International Food and Wine Festival, and seating is first come, first served. See your favorites from among the artists listed below:
- Sept. 25-27 David Cook “The Time of My Life”
- Sept. 28-29 Wilson Phillips “Hold On”
- Sept. 30-Oct. 1 Christopher Cross “Sailing”
- Oct. 2-4 Starship starring Mickey Thomas “We Built This City”
- Oct. 5-7 Smash Mouth “Walkin’ On the Sun”
- Oct. 8-9 The Pointer Sisters “I’m So Excited”
- Oct. 10-11 38 Special “Caught Up in You”
- Oct. 12-13 Rick Springfield “Jessie’s Girl”
- Oct. 14-16 Sugar Ray “Fly”
- Oct. 17-18 S.O.S. Band “Take Your Time (Do It Right)”
- Oct. 19-21 Air Supply “All Out of Love”
- Oct. 22-23 Fuel “Shimmer”
- Oct. 24-25 New! Tiffany “I Think We’re Alone Now”
- Oct. 26-28 Dennis DeYoung, original member of the group STYX “Come Sail Away”
- Oct. 29-30 Jo Dee Messina “Lesson in Leavin’”
- Oct. 31-Nov. 1 New! Everclear “Santa Monica”
- Nov. 2-4 Boyz II Men “End of the Road”
- Nov. 5-6 Sister Hazel “All For You”
- Nov. 7-9 Big Bad Voodoo Daddy “Go Daddy-O”
- Nov. 10-12 Hanson “I Will Come to You”
- Nov. 13-14 New! Maxi Priest “Close to You”
- Nov. 15-16 New! Chaka Khan “I Feel for You”
Of course you’ll want to budget for some grazing at the Festival, but there’s plenty to enjoy at this special time of year even if you’re pinching pennies.
On the flip side, want to learn more about the premium experiences? Jump to this article. If you can’t visit during the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival or want to experience something a little different, go here to learn about a tour that lets you don the chef’s toque and create your own meal.