Celebrate summer with the timeless classic, Wizard of Oz. This offers a perfect excuse for a “staycation” that the entire family will love.
WIZARD OF OZ EXHIBIT
runs through August 21
Enter into Dorothy’s world filled with interactive learning activities. The story begins in Dorothy’s farm where the kids can gather eggs, harvest corn or assemble puzzles of farm animals.
• Tornado Alley – watch a vortex go from an F1 to an F5
• Munchkin House – play dress-up
• Land of Oz puppet theater – Create a show using hand puppet
• Dark cave – help the Lion find his courage
• and more
Make sure to try on Glinda’s silver glitter shoes and the special Oz glasses to see Emerald City in all its splendor.
Each section is set up with specific activities geared toward ages 2 – 12. Who knew learning science, math and history could be so much fun? There’s even a section set up for story time.
The exhibit is free. Hours are:
Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
Saturday 10:00 am – 6:30 pm
Sunday 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
For more information, call (817) 410-3185.
Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau
636 South Main Street
SUMMERFEST AT GAYLORD TEXAN
featuring The Wizard of Oz
runs through September 7
The Gaylord Texan Resort is filled with family-friendly activities for their guests this summer. The fun begins as soon as you walk into the atrium, just follow the yellow brick road. Get your camera ready and choose which character you will be with several cut-out photo ops. Visit the concierge’s desk for activities schedule and more.
• Summer movies at Oz – FREE
• Every Friday and Saturday night
• Featuring: Oz the Great and Powerful, The Muppets’ Wizard of Oz and Return to Oz
• The Lost Treasure of Oz Scavenger Hunt ($12.00/tax/ticketing fee)
• The hot air balloons are in plain view in the atrium, but all of the contents being carried by the munchkins have fallen out all over the resort. If you can find all of the items you will get a prize.
• Oohs & Oz Art Tour – FREE
• Self-guided art walk throughout the atrium.
• Kid’s Craft Corner – ($19.99/tax/ticketing fee)
• Friday – Sunday (specific hours
• Kids can choose a Wizard of Oz cookie decorating kit or create their own canvas masterpiece.
• Game Station – FREE
• Jumbo Jenga
• Corn Hole
• Summer Spa Specials (price varies by service)
• Special services for kids.
• Meet the Special Characters of Oz – FREE
• Wednesday – Sunday (specific hours)
• Junior Chefs Camp ($90.00)
• June 13
• July 11
• August 1
For more information, call (817) 778-1000. For reservations, Click HERE.
1501 Gaylord Trail
So yes, going out-of-town can be fun but remember, “There’s no place like home”.