As many passionate fans eagerly await news regarding “Fifty Shades Darker,” it seems that the “Fifty Shades of Grey” sequel has at last had its filming dates booked. Despite rumors of prolonged delays that may extend filming well into next year, News Every Day reports this Thursday, September 3, 2015, that the steamy adaptation will start shooting in Vancouver, Canada, in February of 2016. That date leaves roughly just six months for things on set to start heating up once again between our dominant Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan) and quickly learning Anastasia Steele (Dakota Johnson).
Earlier this week it was announced that James Foley of “House of Cards” prominence has accepted the offer to be the director of “Fifty Shades Darker.” While me might have been an unexpected choice, Foley’s unique take at the helm of his works will no doubt result in a strong sequel film to “Fifty Shades of Grey.” It was first shared by Variety that Foley was “expected” to take the proposition to take on the project via Universal Pictures. Although we may have our Christian and Ana, we are still notably missing other key players in the casting fold, including Leila Williams, Jack Hyde, and Mrs. “Robinson” Lincoln.
Although a good number of audiences are still salivating over their “Fifty Shades of Grey” DVDs on demand, others are having a difficult time waiting for “Darker” to appear on the silver screen. According to Australia Network News, we have a few other interesting spoilers in store this week. At last we fans have a solid idea when filming on set will begin to take place – in February of next year, and the sets in Vancouver, Canada, are booked. That is still quite a ways off, but it at least rejects many of the so-called rumors that were alleging production was indefinitely delayed.
A couple other spoilers for the sequel movie were also recently provided. One source confirmed this week that much to no doubt a few audience goers’ disappointment, Jamie Dornan has confirmed his onscreen Christian Grey will not be available to see in full frontal during the sexy flick. Nonetheless, there is said to be a number of more steamy and “risky” scenes than even the first film, so it seems the spice is certainly here to stay. Things will apparently be heating up, add the insiders.
Apparently, these sources continue, there were issues with the lead cast members, Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson. One report alleged that the Christian Grey actor was hoping for some well-deserved time off to spend with his family. Another focused on Dakota says that she and her purported boyfriend, Matthew Hitt, were also intent on spending some quality time together away from the camera and the Red Room of Pain on the “Fifty Shades of Grey” set.
Fortunately, notes Realty News, these rumors do not seem to be rooted in fact. With a director seemingly in place and preparations for filming in process, it is hopeful that we may be privy to some sneak peaks of “Fifty Shades Darker” sooner than later. The smash hit “Fifty Shades of Grey” is part of a novel trilogy that will be adapted in the coming years to film, with the sequels set for 2017 and 2018 and tentative release dates in February.