The Georgia Aquarium’s annual Festival of the SEAson will transform it into a winter wonderland full of holiday cheer. North America’s most popular aquarium will offer daily special events, thousands of twinkling lights, music, extravagant holiday trees and appearances from both Santa Claus and SCUBA Claus.
This year’s Festival of the SEAson will be more thrilling than ever before thanks to the debut of a 3D-mapped, 60-foot-high atrium nature show. This extraordinary show, titled “The Sea Around Us,” explores the natural wonders of the sea and its connection with the natural world on land.
“It is with the full family experience in mind that Georgia Aquarium’s Festival of the SEAson shakes up holiday traditions year after year,” said Georgia Aquarium’s VP of Marketing and Communications, Debbie Campbell. “Whether the visit is a gift or a family outing, we promise to give visitors a truly unique holiday experience that will create special and lasting memories.”
Other Festival of the SEAson highlights include:
- Catch SCUBA Claus diving into Ocean Voyager Built by The Home Depot and swimming among the whale sharks, manta rays and thousands of fish during the dive shows at 12 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. every Thursday through Sunday until December 25.
- Holiday Tree Lightings – At 10:30 a.m. daily, Georgia Aquarium will host a festive Tree Lighting in the Atrium, complete with carols sung by the attraction’s own Holiday Singers. Visitors of all ages are encouraged to sing along!
- Holidazzle – The choreographed Holidazzle light and music show shines and sparkles to the rhythms of classic holiday tunes in the Georgia Aquarium’s Atrium at the top of every hour.
- Underwater Menorah – See the amazing underwater menorah in the world’s largest aquatic habitat, Ocean Voyager Built by The Home Depot. In celebration of Hanukkah and in accordance with tradition, another candle will be magically lit under water each evening of the holiday, beginning December 6 and running through December 14.
- Symphony of Snow – Back for its second year, Symphony of Snow is Georgia Aquarium’s popular Broadway-style live musical, which includes holiday classics and culminates with the entrance of Santa Claus. Symphony of Snow takes place every weekend from now through Christmas.
- Breakfast with Santa – Have breakfast with Santa while also taking in majestic aquatic animals. This special A.M. meal will be prepared by Wolfgang Puck Catering. Guests will have quality time with Old Saint Nick and enjoy activities such as letter writing and creating a festive holiday craft. Breakfast with Santa is on December 12 at 9 a.m. Tickets are $19.95 per person for non-members and $14.95 per person for members.