The theme this season is follow the fun! Follow your child’s lead to wild, crazy, silly fun. Toy lists are inevitably personal, to parent and to child – one person’s favorite can turn out to be someone else’s least favorite. Your never know what your child will like from an annual list of this year’s hot toys. So, here’s a list from thousands of hours of classroom play (except for the bath toy) and from some of our favorite classroom supply sites. Lots of STEM toys on this list!
- Light tables are magical science and imagination, visual and problem solving. Here’s a Table Top Light Box from Becker School Supply and lots of light table activities from Pinterest
- WEDGiTS are awesome design and construction toys.
- Excellerations Window Blocks are hand-held color windows for toddlers to watch the world change colors and will eventually be used for building and stacking.
- These color changing glasses will have your child looking like Johnny Depp in Sleepy Hollow.
- Tree Blocks can be combined with Little People Sets or with toy cars for imagination added scenes
- The Large Multi Shape Sorter is perfect for floor time with 7 different shapes and 14 shape pieces.
- Design your own ball drop coaster with this Engineer-a-Coaster and Magnetic Wall from Lakeshore Learning. Kodo Kids Mag Wall is a more elaborate version.
- Peg Boards are essential for toddlers and the Peg It Number Boards is great for older toddlers
- Build Me Emotions by Lego Education, coming out in 2016, will bring emotions and emotion discussions into pretend and construction play. Get ready for BIG discussions!
- Step2 Up and Down Roller Coaster is hands-in-the-air FUN! And watch your child learn amazing spatial concepts playing on the ramp without the car.
- Dinosaurs give kids power as they roar and stomp and make friends with play dinosaurs or line up and sort the mini dinosaur counters (use with supervision under 3 years). Add to play dough play or mud play!
- More construction & design fun for the bathtub with these Boon Water Pipes for the bath. Or, add these transportation squirtie toys.
- Fun Shape Paint Swatters are perfect for splash painting, for catching bubbles or for magic wands. Be sure to add some fun new paint colors to your order.
- A Deluxe Workbench from Step2 with a vacuum hose and a parts bin. Just add goggles!
- This ever-popular Egg Sorter is fun on a toy shelf or in a play kitchen. If you’re stocking the play kitchen, don’t forget real-like small appliances like this 4 piece set for CPToys
Have fun this season – build, ride, imagine, count and roar. Just follow the fun!