The Russian River Valley Winegrowers (RRVW), have announced the annual Russian River Valley Passport Weekend (formerly called Passport to Pinot), the renowned winegrowing AVA’s two-day celebration, is taking place June 27-28, 2015.
Rod Bergland, Board President of the RRVW states that the Russian River Valley Passport Weekend offers exclusive tasting opportunities at more than 30 acclaimed Russian River wineries from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, while showcasing famed Pinot Noirs, Chardonnays and other cool-climate varietal wines. Guests will enjoy preferred access to pre-release wines, barrel, library and limited edition winery-only wines, as well as unique experiences at participating wineries, many of which aren’t normally open to the public.
A limited number of VIP package tickets are available for the full weekend, which includes the two-day Passport experience in addition to an intimate barbecue dinner in the heart of the Russian River Valley on Saturday, June 27. Featuring an informal fireside chat with storied vintners who’ve been making wine in the Russian River for decades, wineries pouring their best and a whole pig roast.
The weekend’s activities also include a few exclusive, not usually open to public events at participating wineries, including:
- ACORN Winery will showcase its rarely opened, acclaimed field blend wines, all made from grapes grown in their certified sustainable Alegria Vineyards. Guests will have the opportunity to discuss the benefits of field blending while walking the vineyard with winegrower and owner Bill Nachbaur. Taste current releases and barrel samples accompanied by wine-friendly nibbles.
- Carrozzi Vineyard will host multiple wineries, which aren’t normally open to the public during an “outdoor tasting room” experience at their beautiful Wood Road, Fulton property. Pouring tastes of their Russian River Valley wines, come visit Bucher Vineyard, Camlow Cellars, Carrozzi Vineyard, Nunes Vineyard/St. Rose Winery, The Calling Wines, and Via Giusti Winery. This intimate venue on a private estate will offer live music by The Harvest Band on Saturday. Small buses of eight or less are allowed.
- Visit Inman Family Wines and enjoy tastes of 2014 Sexton Ranch Road Pinot Noir from the Sebastopol Hills and 2014 Pratt Vine Hill Pinot Noir from Laguna Ridge, among others. A caricature artist will also be on site to help create a special souvenir of the Russian River Valley Passport weekend experience!
The VIP weekend is $150 per person; and a two-day Passport – $65 per person. For those interested in Sunday-only, tickets are $40 per person; and a Designated Driver ticket is available for $20.
For more information:
- Russian River Valley Winegrowers
- Russian River Valley Passport and list of activities
- Tickets to Russian River Valley Passport