Halloween is here and the Save Me, San Francisco Wine Co. invites you to get in touch with your “dark” side by treating yourself to a rich, deep red wine. Here, some suggested pairings with more traditional Halloween treats:
- “Drops of Jupiter” California Red Wine -This full-bodied red wine pairs well with a dark chocolate candy bar.
- “Calling All Angels” Chardonnay – A fruit-forward medium bodied wine, nothing better than a Butterfinger with this wine
- “California 37” Cabernet Sauvignon- Like caramel, peanut butter filled candies are the perfect sweet-salty treats that pair well with bold red wines like Cabernet Sauvignon.
- “Hella Fine” Merlot-The richness of the merlot pairs nicely with crunchy wafer candies.
- “Soul Sister” Pinot Noir -A light red such as the “Soul Sister” Pinot Noir compliments smooth milk chocolate.
This winery is a venture for the San Francisco rock band, Train, which was formed in 1993 the Pat Monahan (vocals) and Jimmy Strafford (lead guitar). Multiplatinum band TRAIN has made its mark on music history with their GRAMMY-Award-winning song “Drops of Jupiter (Tell Me)” and chart-topping singles “Meet Virginia” and “Calling All Angels.” Train earned their third GRAMMY earlier this year for worldwide smash “Hey Soul Sister” from its release Save Me, San Francisco. “Hey Soul Sister” was the biggest selling single of 2010 and hit #1 at radio in the US and in 15 countries abroad. The Save Me, San Francisco Wine Company was established in 2011 in collaboration with the Underdog Wine Merchants in Livermore Valley. Each of the wines was named after a Train song.
“As we travel around sharing our music, we often find amazing wines that we experience with the amazing people that we meet,” says Train guitarist Jimmy Stafford. “As a band, we have always connected with our friends and fans through wine and music.
A portion of the proceeds from Drops of Jupiter sales will be in support of Family House, a non-profit organization providing temporary housing to families of seriously ill children. For more information on Family House, visit http://www.familyhouseinc.org.
The Save Me, San Francisco “Calling All Angels” 2013 Chardonnay has a nice combination of citrus and pineapple and a hint of vanilla. It is a flavorful, easy drinking wine that can be enjoyed with pork and seafood.
The “Soul Sister” 2013 Pinot Noir is sourced from fruit from the California Central Coast producing a wine that has nice bright red fruit aromas and flavors of cherry and strawberry. Pick it up for your dinner of grilled chicken or Italian.
For more information: Save Me, San Francisco