During the warm summer months, no one wants to turn on the oven to cook. The grill becomes the go to way to cook all summer long. For some, grilling is an exploration of flavor and for others, grilling is simple. Finding the right balance for the classic, traditionalist and the foodie, explorer can be a precarious path. A simple way to bridge that gap is with cheese.
The classic burger can taste better with gooey, melted cheese. But cheese isn’t just delegated to the burger. Cheese can make a sausage, chicken and even vegetables the Instagram worthy star of the grill. Emmi USA has a wide variety of cheeses that can make your grilled meal excellent. From a pungent Gruyére to subtle Appenzeller, Emmi USA has a perfect cheese for any pairing.
Here are some suggestions from Emmi USA to elevate your grilling game.
· Toss monotony out the window. A simple and fresh Swiss Cashew Tossed Salad with Emmi USA’s Appenzeller is the perfect spin on a classic summer dish and takes minimal prep time.
· Ditch the dull dogs. Don’t settle for the plain-ol’ hotdog on a bun. Wow your guests with a Cuban-style hotdog instead. Simply add Emmi USA’s Raclette (prepared on the grill), a few ham slices, roasted garlic mayo and Dijon mustard and you’ve got yourself a game changer.
· It’s the inside that counts. Stuffed burgers may seem like an impossible task, but they’re easier than you think. Opt for a cheese bold flavors that can hold it’s own like Emmi’s Kaltbach Cave-Aged Le Gruyére AOP and combine it with a slice of onion or crumbled bacon. Use two thin patties and place your cheese on one and top it with the other patty.
· A veggie-lover’s dream. Hamburgers and hotdogs aren’t the only thing you can grill. Toss a pizza with fresh toppings such as crushed tomatoes, red onion, asparagus and mushrooms on and top with Emmi’s Cave Aged Emmantaler AOP to add a tangy finish.
· Seasonal sweet treats. Grilled plums or peaches with Emmi USA’s Mild Gruyére AOP and honey put seasonal twist on the typical barbeque dessert.
What will you be grilling this weekend with Emmi USA?