After baking all your Christmas cookies, you may still want to prepare an elegant dessert worthy of a finale to your Christmas dinner. What better–or fancier–way to make a beautiful impression than with a colorful confectionery that’s as impressive as it is delicious.
These individual cheesecakes are easy to serve to each guest, as bright and cheerful as any holiday decoration, and a nice alternative to the usual Christmas sweets. Oh, and they’re super easy to make, too!
In fact, as the name implies, there’s absolutely no baking involved. Quick, simple, delectable. The perfect Christmas dessert!
No-Bake Individual Peppermint Cheesecakes
Adapted from Cooking Classy
12 regular-size original Oreos
2 T butter, melted
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
8 T powdered sugar, divided
4 oz white baking chocolate
10 oz cream cheese, softened (1 8-oz pkg + 2 oz)
1/2 t peppermint extract
Red food coloring, optional
Mini Oreos and more white chocolate (optional)
Candy canes, for decoration
- Place Oreos in a food processor and pulse until finely ground. While processor is still running, slowly pour in melted butter. Continue to pulse until evenly coated. Pour about 2 1/2 tablespoons of the Oreo mixture into each of 6 serving cups and level. Set aside.
- Melt white chocolate according to directions listed on the package. Allow to cool until just barely lukewarm but still fluid.
- Whip heavy cream in a medium bowl until soft peaks form. Add 3 tablespoons of the powdered sugar and continue to whip until stiff peaks form. Place in refrigerator.
- Whip cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth and fluffy. Mix in the remaining 5 tablespoons of powdered sugar and the peppermint extract. Stir in lukewarm white chocolate. Tint half with red food coloring, then separate half into another bowl and tint. Add half of the whipped cream to each and fold in the whipped cream.
- Spoon mixture into a piping bag. Pipe over Oreo layer in cups. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Garnish with either crushed candy canes, candy cane sticks, or peppermint white chocolate-dipped mini Oreos just before serving.
- If using the peppermint white chocolate-dipped Oreos, simply melt some white chocolate or vanilla almond bark according to directions on package and dip mini Oreos in melted white chocolate. Transfer to wax paper and sprinkle with crushed candy canes before chocolate sets. Allow to set at room temperature.