Finally the end of the press conference marathon is over. Nintendo and Square Enix, quite frankly, started off the day rather poorly. Sure there were a few neat surprises in there and generally a good crop of games showcased, but the energy was real low. Unfortunately the same could be said on the AMD PC event.
The show was staged like a late night talk show more than a press conference. Guests would come out, talk to the host, and then show some footage, or trailers for their games. The laid back style wasn’t inherently a bad idea, but the interviews dragged on for far too long. Also, not a bad thing, but a lot of this information and footage was old, making most interviews seem pointless for a big E3 event.
Without a doubt this was the worst conference of E3 2015. Most other press conference ranged from about an hour to an hour and half. Good length if chalked full of great content. Sony, for example, flew by and was over before this writer knew it. This was nearly a three-hour event without the thrills aka filler.
This should have been a podcast, or a live-stream event earlier in the day. In short, it shouldn’t have been advertised as a PC press conference. It was an interview show. If it had been planned better with bigger reveals, or at least new gameplay, then it may have been a different story. Ah but now this writer is starting to feel bad as if he were beating a dead horse. So let’s just get to everything that happened.
AMD PC News
- Killing Floor 2 got a new trailer
- Rising Storm 2 was announced
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided was demoed onstage
- Total War: Warhammer was announced
- Killer Instinct is getting ported to PC
- The Gears of War remastered collection is coming to PC
- American Truck Simulator was announced
- EVE Valkyrie was demoed onstage
- Strafe was demoed onstage
- Pillar of Eternity: The White March Part 1, the game’s first expansion, was announced
- Planet Coaster was announced
- Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thrones, an expansion, was announced
- Hitman was demoed onstage
- ARMA 3’s new expansion, Tanoa, was unveiled for a 2016 release
- SOMA got a quick gameplay trailer
- Take On Mars, from the makers of DayZ, was announced
- Enter the Gungeon was demoed live onstage, revealing co-op for the first time
- Heroes of the Storm’s first expansion, The Eternal Conflict, was unveiled
- StarCraft 2: Legacy of the Void got a CG trailer, teasing a Beta in July
- No Man’s Sky will launch on PS4 and PC