If you love clothes and take care in looking your best, you might want to check out a new product we received recently, Downy Wrinkle Release Plus.
Created by Nehemiah Manufacturing and the Proctor & Gamble Company, this is the perfect vehicle for clothing care. People who work in a smoky environment, or who sit a great deal, or just basically wear their clothes out—may want to make note.
Downy Wrinkle Releaser works like this:
- Hang clothes on a rack or closet shelf system—hopefully allowing some freedom for the garment.
- Spray and area and gently pull it taut as it dries
- You can also use a clothes brush to gently comb the fibers down
- Move through each area, playing close attention to sleeves, pant crotch wrinkles or areas that crush when you sit
- Allow garment to dry freely
- For pants you may have to treat one side, wait for it to dry, then flip and repeat
Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus works to eliminate wrinkles by coating fabric fibers with silicone that allows them to relax and slide apart instead of being frozen in a crease. The Releaser releases the wrinkles and may save you from too frequent washing or hauling out the iron.
Downy has some other ideas for usage:
- If clothes got forgotten in the dryer overnight, use this as a touch-up
- Hangers leave shoulder marks, try a spritz
- Use to freshen school uniforms instead of everyday washing
- Freshen hotel sheets and pillows on trips
- Carry the travel size to the gym bag or keep in briefcase before important meetings
- Fix up curtains without having to take them down.
- Use on holiday decorations—ribbons and the like—that come out of the box crushed
- Apply to table runners and placemats that have been folded
Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus is sold at Target and many other grocery, drug, and mass retailers. It is sold in a 1-liter bottle for $6.99 and a 500 mL bottle for $4.19. Travel 3-ounce size is about $1.99.