When traveling to the Walt Disney World Resorts many guests plan on just visiting the theme parks and do not realize the hidden treasures that other areas of the world may offer. There is so much to do at the water parks, Downtown Disney and at the resort you are staying at. This includes a variety of activities perfect for elementary-age children.
Check out the following suggestions:
- Enjoy the mystifying acrobatic show of Cirque du Soleil La Nouba located in Downtown Disney’s West Side.
- Bbet you cannot decide which floor to start at first at DisneyQuest, which offers five floors of video interactive excitement. (Enjoy it while you can…this attraction will be leaving soon!)
- Kids of all ages love to go see a movie and get some popcorn. Check times for movies playing at AMC Movies at Downtown Disney 24. Chances are there is something playing that your kids will want to see.
- Let the kids burn some energy during the DJ Kids Dance Party at Waterside Stage
- Go bowling and grab something to eat at Splitsville in Dowtown Disney WestSide
Walt Disney World Resorts
Kids will love time away from mom and dad at one of the many children’s activity centers located at select resorts. There kids will be served dinner and have time to play and interact with other kids their age. Activity centers are open from 4:30 p.m. until midnight daily. Locations include:
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge: Simba’s Cubhouse
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort: Sandcastle Club
- Disney’s Polynesian Resort: Lilo’s Playhouse
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: Cub’s Den
- Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel: Camp Dolphin
Many resorts offer a variety of children’s activities. Check with any recreation cast member or your resort’s front desk for a list of scheduled activities.
Disney water parks
I am sure that there is not one thing that your kids ages 6 through 9 will not enjoy while visiting one of the two – Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon or Disney’s Blizzard Beach – water parks. There are slides of all lengths and speeds that will satisfy any level of thrills your kids may want.
While at Typhoon Lagoon, kids in elementary school will love playing in Castaway Creek, screaming on the Crush’n’Gusher, splash down Gangplank Falls and enjoy Keelhaul Falls. While at Blizzard Beach, kids will have a blast riding the Chairlift, Cross Country Creek, Downhill Double Dipper and Runoff Rapids.
When visiting the Walt Disney World Resorts make sure to take the time to relax and enjoy what a non-theme park attraction has to offer. There is more to the world than the theme parks for kids to enjoy, while you kick back and relax.