In the book of Genesis (first book of the Holy Bible), we are told that there is created kinds of animals and plants. So with that point we can expound on how dinosaurs play in this role? All dinosaurs according to the Bible were land animals and all land animals were created on the same day of Creation which is the sixth day. Even though the word “dinosaur” is no where to be found in Scripture (Dinosaur was coined by Sir Richard Owen in 1841), they were real creatures from the fossilized bones found in the fossil record.
God created “Dinosaur kinds” which are groups of dinosaurs compared to individual species of dinosaurs found in secular scientific literature. Dinosaurs are grouped into two distinct groups according to “hip design”. They are the “bird hip” (ornithischian) and the “lizard hip” (saurischian). These two groups are either carnivore or herbivore type dinosaurs. According to secular scientific literature these two groups are broken down into the different species of dinosaurs.
The Bible explains in Genesis that God made animals on day six of the creation. Dinosaurs are animals, so they were all created on day six. The initially-created dinosaurs were endowed with DNA that allowed for the genetic variation seen in the animals recovered as fossils from the rock record due to the Flood (Genesis 6-8). Dinosaurs came off the Ark after the Flood as well, but seem to have mostly, if not all, gone extinct.
There is about 15 different created dinosaur kinds in North America listed in the “Guidebook to North American Dinosaurs : According to Created Kinds” by J.D. Mitchell, copyright 2014, Published in the USA by CEC Publications, Gresham, Oregon.
1. Armor-Backed Dinosaurs : Representatives- Edmontonia, Animantarx, Gastonia, Niobarasurus, Panoplosaurus, Pawpawsaurus, Sauropelta, Silvisaurus.
2. Bipedal Browser Dinosaurs : Representatives – Camptosaurus, Drinker, Orodomeus, Othnielia, Parkosaurus, Tenotosaurus, Thescelosaurus.
3. Club-Tailed Dinosaurs : Representatives- Ankylosaurus, Euoplocephalus.
4. Duck-Billed Dinosaurs : Representatives – Edmontosaurus, Anatotitan, Brachylophosaurus, Corythosaurus, Gryposaurus, Hadrosaurus, Hypacrosaurus, Kritosaurus, Lambeosaurus, Maiasaura, Parasaurolophus, Saurolophus.
5. Horn-Faced Dinosaurs : Representatives – Triceratops, Achelousaurus, Anchiceratops, Arrhinoceratops, Avaceratops, Brachyceratops, Centrosaurus, Chasmosaurus, Diceratops, Einiosaurus, Leptoceratops, Monoclonius, Montanoceratops, Pachyrhinosaurus, Pentaceratops, Styracosaurus, Torosaurus, Zuniceratops.
6. Horn-Nosed Bipedal Dinosaurs : Representatives – Ceratosaurus
7. Killer-Clawed Bipedal Dinosaurs : Representatives – Deinonychus, Dromaeosaurus, Sauronitholestes, Troodon, Utahraptor.
8. Lithe, Fast Running Dinosaurs : Representatives – Coelophysis, Camposaurus, Chindesaurus, Coelurus, Dilophosaurus, Eucoelophysis, Gojirasaurus, Ornitholestes, Podokesaurus, Segisaurus
9. Long-Necked Big-Clawed Dinosaurs : Representatives – Anchisaurus, Ammosaurus, Plateosarus.
10. Long-Necked Boxy-Headed Dinosaurs : Representatives – Brachiosaurus, Camarasaurus, Cedarosaurus, Paluxysaurus, Sauroposeidon.
11. Long-Necked Slender-Headed Dinosaurs : Representatives – Diplodocus, Alamosaurus, Apatosaurus, Barosaurus, Eobrontosaurus, Seismosaurus, Supersaurus.
12. Ostrich-Like Dinosaurs : Representatives – Ornithomimus, Dromiceiomimus, Strutthiomimus.
13. Plate-Backed Dinosaurs : Representatives – Stegosaurus, Hesperosaurus.
14. Thick-Headed Dinosaurs : Representatives – Pachycephalosaurus, Sphaerotholus, Stegoceras, Stygimoloch.
15. Tyrant Bipedal Dinosaurs : Representatives – Tyrannosaurus, Acrocanthosaurus, Albertosaurus, Allosaurus, Appalachiosaurus, Daspletosaurus, Edmarka, Gorgosaurus, Marshosaurus, Nanotyrannus, Saurophaganax, Stokesosaurus, Torvosaurus.