Cruising down a river in a super luxurious yacht-like river boat sounds absolutely fabulous especially when the tributaries include the Danube and Seine on one of five new Crystal Cruises luxury river yachts. The Los Angeles, California just announced the much anticipated schedule for it’s the newest division of the burgeoning cruise/airline/ship building/river boat operator company.
The first to hit the rivers will be the newly acquired and redesigned Crystal Mozart which sets sail sail in July 2016, followed by four new builds: Crystal Bach, Crystal Debussy, Crystal Mahler, and Crystal Ravel that start service in June and August 2017. “It’s truly thrilling for us, as well as our loyal guests and new-to-Crystal travelers, as more details of what’s in store for Crystal River Cruises unfold,” said Edie Rodriguez, president and CEO of Crystal Cruises. “We are going to deliver the most luxurious river experience in the industry with a combination of innovative vessel designs, unmatched guest service and fascinating itineraries.”
The specialized vessels will sail in typical Crystal Cruises mode with everything top of the line, all-inclusive amenities and lots of extra special service from the crew. river yachts will maintain the celebrated Crystal Experience for savvy world travelers, featuring all-inclusive amenities, elegantly
Eager to sample the fare? Here’s a peek at what’s on the horizon or heading up0 the Danube:
Crystal Mozart will make her maiden voyage July 13, 2016 – she’s the current queen of European river cruises that is currently being redesigned to join Crystal in 2016. The yacht, which can hold 160 guest, will stay close to the Austrian roots of its namesake, the river yacht will sail two distinct itineraries of 10 and 11 nights along the Danube, plus a special 10 to 13 night Christmas and New Year’s Eve voyage.
- Danube’s Capital & Wachau Valley – Takes passengers s through the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Austria’s Wachau Valley, lined with picturesque towns, terraced vineyards, and the stunning charm and architecture of Dürnstein, Melk, Linz and Vienna, Austria; Passau, Germany; and Bratislava, Slovakia.
- Countries of Eastern Danube – explores the eastern realms of the river and the treasures of Vienna, Austria; Esztergorm, Kalocsa, Budapest, and Mohács, Hungary; Vukovar, Croatia; the Iron Gate; Belgrade and Novi Sad, Serbia; and Bratislava, Slovakia.
- Christmas Markets Along the Danube – what a way to celebrating the holidays by cruising the quintessential winter wonderland of Austria, Germany and Slovakia. Guests can get in a festive mood in exploring the traditional Christmas marketplaces and town squares famous for their holiday singing and dancing, cuisine, shopping and holiday cheer, from Munich’s Christkindlmarkt that dates back to the 14th century to the age-old Viennese Christmas Market at City Hall and Christmas Village at Belvedere Palace.
Crystal Debussy will be in the Seine June 4, 2017 – for year-round dream destinations, five-, seven- and 10-night voyages that explore Paris and beyond:
- Best of Paris, Seine River & Normandy – An itinerary that highlights the quaint villages and lush valleys that inspired impressionists like Monet and Van Gogh, including the garden at Giverny and the charms of Auvers-Sur-Oise and traces the historic footsteps in the gardens of Versailles. A double overnight will leave guests within walking distance of charming Honfleur and position travelers closer to the surrounding areas’ popular attractions including the beaches of Normandy and Deauville.
- Paris & The Arts – An in-depth immersion into the priceless masterpieces housed in this great city, from the Musée d’Orsay and d’Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris to the famed Louvre; then venturing to Rouen in the heart of Normandy before returning to Paris.
- Pre–Christmas Shopping in Paris – The magic of the season is the focus of this enchanting voyage, replete with indulgent culinary delights and plenty of holiday shopping and fantasy window shopping. Guests can immerse themselves in the Marché de Noël outdoor bazaar and enjoy street performances along the Rue du Gros Horloge in Rouen.
Crystal Bach will do the Rhine River June 18, 2017 – with 14-night itinerary that include overnight stays in Amsterdam, Netherlands; Basel, Switzerland; and Ruedesheim, Germany as it travels along the Rhine and Moselle Rivers. A special 10-night voyage again explores the quaint Christmas markets that are synonymous with the region.
- Classic Rhine – visits those ports mentioned above as well as Antwerp, Belgium; Nijmegen, Cologne, Cochem, Koblenz, Mainz, Speyer, Kehl, and Breisach, Germany, while offering additional stays in Frankfurt to explore the 2,000-year-old metropolis and get a birds-eye view from atop the Main Tower, one of the city’s tallest buildings.
- Christmas Markets along the Rhine – takes you to the storybook areas of Switzerland’s loveliest markets – Barfüsserplatz and Münsterplatz in Basel – plus historical abbeys and cathedrals. An overnight in Cologne sets the stage to feel the magic of the holidays in the festively decorated city which is known to have one of the largest Christmas markets in all of Europe.
Crystal Ravel will sail the Garonne & Dordogne Rivers, & Gironde Estuary) starting August 8, 2017 – diving into the heart of France’s renowned wine region. The 84-passenger yacht explores the UNESCO-designated cultural site of Bordeaux, which boasts more protected buildings than any other French city outside of Paris.
- Bordeaux, the Wine Region & Beyond – The seven-night itinerary spends two nights in Bordeaux, before cruising on to Cadillac (overnight), Pauillac (overnight), Blaye and Libourne (overnight), France, then back to Bordeaux (overnight). The extra nights in Bordeaux afford guests to visit Arachon in southwestern France for the city’s oysters, white wine and the popular Dune du Pilat which is Europe’s tallest sand dune.
Crystal Mahler debuts Aug. 29, 2017 with Rhine, Main &Danube Rivers cruises–a 16-night “Grand Europe” itinerary is the longest offered by the Crystal river fleet; also two nights longer than most other lines sailing the same route, to provide guests more time to explore this iconic route at a more leisurely pace.
- Grand Europe – The 110-passenger yacht will run the Rhine-Main-Danube with its many locks that connect the continent’s two mightiest rivers (the Rhine and the Danube), to explore the treasures of each. From the iconic windmills of Holland to the fairytale villages of Germany’s countryside, guests will have ample opportunity to immerse themselves in the charm of the destinations, with overnights in Budapest, Vienna, Passau and Amsterdam.
Crystal has opened booking for the river cruise collection: Crystal Mozart (July 13, 2016), Crystal Debussy (June 4, 2017), Crystal Bach (June 18, 2017), Crystal Ravel (August 8, 2017) and Crystal Mahler (August 29, 2017) will be exclusively available to members of the Crystal Society – the line’s repeat guest program – from November 30 through December 15, 2015. If interested better book fast these cruises are bound to be snatched up by Crystal Society members who live and breathe the cruise line.