Silversea, a small luxury cruise line that caters to discerning traveler with seamless service, fine food, and mostly inclusive fares that take care of all your tips and beverages from coffee to wine, spirits and Champagne, announced absolutely stunning itineraries for 2017 today, Sept. 24. The list include 246 exceptional voyages on eight of the company’s ships to more than 800 destinations across seven continents putting the world at your fingertips.
“Every year Silversea strives to offer inspirational journeys that combine the luxury of intimate cruising with the thrill of making new cultural discoveries,” said Kristian Anderson, Silversea’s senior vice president and general manager for the Americas. “We believe our voyage collection for 2017, with its wealth of longer, port-intensive cruises, will accomplish just that. From the rainforests of South America to the castles of Europe and the temples of Asia, guests will enjoy experiences that will enrich their lives for years to come.”
Sail the ocean in style and visit exotic ports such as Sassnitz, Germany; Galway, Ireland; Bodø, Norway; Geraldton, Australia; Ilhabela, Brazil; Fredericia, Denmark; Gisborne, New Zealand; Punta Cana, Dominican Republic; and Sir Bani Yas Island, U.A.E.
Embark on a 116-day world cruise from San Francisco on January 6, 2017 to Monte Carlo that will take you to 62 destinations in 25 countries on a westward path on the Silver Whisper that sails through the idyllic isles of Hawaii and cross the International Date Line to the South Pacific, New Zealand, and Australia. Then, weaving her way through such tropical wonderlands as Bali and Sandakan, she will arrive at the shores of vibrant Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Singapore, before setting a course for the ancient temples of India, Arabia’s enchanting desert dunes, and the storied capitals of the Mediterranean.
Do a circle around South America on the Silver Spirit on January 16 with a 63-day roundtrip Grand Voyage from Fort Lauderdale. Highlights include a crossing of the Panama Canal, two days cruising Chile’s majestic fjords, a two-day stopover in Rio de Janeiro during Carnival, plus overnight calls in Buenos Aires and Callao (gateway to Lima and Machu Picchu).
Explore South Africa on the Silver Cloud on one of four 10-day voyages that showcases the east coast with convenient roundtrip departures from Cape Town. The sailings feature calls in Port Elizabeth, Durban, East London, Maputo, and an overnight stay in Richards Bay. Plus a 14-day voyage includes an overnight stay in Walvis Bay, Namibia.
Do the Greek and British isles and Scandinavia on dozens of intriguing voyages, ranging from 7 to 17 days, offer a variety of options for travelers seeking to discover the regions’ cultural treasures, picturesque harbors, and storied cities on any of these enticing itineraries:
- Silver Spirit’s Voyage 5713, sailing from Barcelona to Rome, will overnight in Monte Carlo on May 27, during the city’s famous Grand Prix Formula One racing event.
- Silver Spirit will overnight in Venice July 15 and 16 (Voyage 5718), during the celebrations of the Festa del Redentore, offering guests the opportunity to experience the city’s amazing display of fireworks and other festivities.
- Two Silver Wind voyages in September (2722 and 2723) will overnight in Hamburg during the historic port’s annual Cruise Days event, when the city welcomes the world of cruises with special attractions and entertainment.
- On two Silver Cloud sailings (1713 and 1714) and seven Silver Wind voyages (2716 – 2722) the ships will sail the Thames River to dock near (or depart from) Tower Bridge in the heart of historic London — a journey most cruise ships are too large to navigate.
- A crossing of the legendary Corinth Canal, which is too narrow for most ships to undertake, highlights two Silver Wind voyages (2727 and 2728) and Silver Cloud’s Voyage 1711.
Head north to Alaska, the last frontier on the Silver Shadow, visit Myanmar on a pair of Silver Shadow voyages with multi-day stopovers in Myanmar, where guests can explore its famous golden pagodas and ancient temples in depth.
Whichever journey you select take it from one who has sailed on Silversea several times, you will experience a cruise of a lifetime during which you can conquer the world while relaxing in luxurious surroundings, enjoying quality meals, top service and lots of diversions onboard and ashore.