The seventh edition of the College football Treat 16 Power Poll has some dominant teams at the top. Urban Meyer and the Ohio State Buckeyes have their second 20 game win streak since he took over the program in 2012. While college football pundits are worried about the Buckeyes’ offensive rhythm, they are missing out on one of the great runs. Meyer has a (45-3) record since joining the Buckeyes. However, the Buckeyes aren’t the only team making waves this season.
Coming into the season, the TCU Horned Frogs were everybody’s second ranked team. As soon as the season started, the Horned Frogs were dropped behind Alabama. It wasn’t the first time TCU was jumped after a victory. Remember, they dropped out of the College Football Playoff picture after winning by 52 points last season.
However, the Horned Frogs are currently on a 15 game winning streak. For the second year in a row, TCU is No.2 in scoring offense, but their defense hasn’t been up to par in a few games. Still, the defensive unit is not the reason why the Horned Frogs don’t get the proper respect.
The Horned Frogs end the season with two of the best teams in the country. If they remain undefeated, they should have a spot in the College Football Playoff.
Another team that’s been on a torrid pace in recent years are the Florida State Seminoles. Like Ohio State, they won a title. The Seminoles lone loss since 2013 came to Oregon in the inaugural College Football Playoff game. For all of the winning they’ve done, the Seminoles are flying under the radar. The Seminoles have gone (33-1) since the 2013 season, and they have a chance to earn some big wins in the latter half of the season. Mainly, the Seminoles have dates with Clemson and Florida.
Overall, there are quite a few new teams in the College Football Treat 16 Power Poll. The Memphis Tigers had the biggest jump this week. However, they aren’t a lock to remain in the fold. The Tigers schedule gets really tough down the stretch, and they may see other Power Poll teams before the season ends.
The Oklahoma State Cowboys and Iowa Hawkeyes also make their first appearance in the power poll. While they are surprise teams this season, they both have chances to defeat top five teams if the near future.
Here is the seventh edition of the Treat 16 Power Poll. You can also see the previous Treat 16 Power Poll here.
1. Ohio State Buckeyes: The Buckeyes had one of their best all around efforts in a win over Penn State. The 38-10 victory gave Ohio State 20 straight wins. However, there could be a quarterback change in the works. They will be tested in their upcoming game. Next game vs. Rutgers
2. TCU Horned Frogs: TCU gave up 21 points in the first quarter to Iowa State. Then they shut them down completely for the rest of the game. Trevone Boykin has been special the last few weeks. The Horned Frogs have a bye on Saturday, but have a Thursday game looming. Next game vs. West Virginia.
3. Michigan State Spartans: Whoa. The Michigan State Spartans were seconds away from a loss. Instead, they knocked off the Michigan Wolverines on a fluke play. It kept the Spartans undefeated and still one of the favorites for the Big Ten title. Next game vs. Indiana.
4. Baylor Bears: If you don’t score 60 points against Baylor, you won’t be able to beat them. The Bears are averaging 64 points per game, and the combination of Seth Russell to Corey Coleman looks like the best in the country. Next game vs. Iowa State.
5. Utah Utes: Utah survived a tough game with Arizona State. Now they have another PAC-12 South contest. Every week, the Utes will have a challenge on their hands. Next game vs. USC.
6. LSU Tigers: The LSU Tigers handled their big test with Florida. However, they have a sneaky game this weekend. Leonard Fournette must be the Tigers best player on Saturday. The defense will have their hands full with a great passing offense. Next game vs. Western Kentucky.
7. Florida State Seminoles: Florida State’s 41 points were the most since the opening week. Dalvin Cook continues to play stellar football. The Seminoles still have a couple trap games before the big one with Clemson. Next game vs. Georgia Tech.
8. Clemson Tigers: Clemson couldn’t get the running game going against Boston College, but Deshaun Watson threw for 402 yards last Saturday. The Tigers scored 34 points on the Eagles. Prior to that, the most points Boston College gave up in a game was 14. Next game vs. Miami.
9. Alabama Crimson Tide: The Crimson Tide defeated Texas A&M for the third year in a row. The defense score three touchdowns on interceptions, and that was the difference in the game. Next game vs. Tennessee.
10. Stanford Cardinals: The Stanford Cardinal are playing as well as any team in the country. The Cardinal have won their last five games by double digits. Christian McCaffrey is playing like a Heisman Trophy candidate. Next game vs. Washington.
11. Notre Dame Fighting Irish: The Fighting Irish are a two point loss to Clemson from being undefeated. After storming past USC in the second, Notre Dame has quite a few fun games left. First, they have a bye week. Next game vs. Temple.
12. Memphis Tigers: Paxton Lynch led Memphis to a 37-24 win over Ole Miss. Now they have to get to conference play in a hurry. They have plenty of big games left on the schedule. Next game vs. Tulsa.
13. Oklahoma State Cowboys: The Cowboys are coming off of a bye week, and they are one of the least talked undefeated teams in the country. Their schedule is extremely tough down the stretch, so it should be a crazy November. Next game vs. Kansas.
14. Florida Gators: The Florida Gators lost their first game of the season, but they showed some nice things against LSU. They have a bye week before facing off with Georgia to end the month.
15. Iowa Hawkeyes: Iowa dominated Northwestern to take control of the Big Ten West. They are the third undefeated team in the conference, and could finish the regular season in contention for a College Football Playoff spot. However, the Hawkeyes can’t afford a loss. Now Iowa has a bye week to heal some wounds. Next game vs. Maryland
16. Oklahoma Sooners: So what was that game against Texas about? The Oklahoma Sooners absolutely dismantled Kansas State, 55-0. They are sure to let up some points next week. Next game vs. Texas Tech.