Sweet Potato Cake
If you’re not from the Caribbean or the Deep South, it might seem a little odd to add a vegetable to a dessert but I guarantee you it’s a treat you will soon make a habit. The pillowy soft bite of this aromatic cake will have your taste buds tingling with joy.
750g sweet potatoes
200 ml coconut milk
1 tsp cinnamon
100g powdered sugar
1. Wash sweet potatoes and boil them for about 20 minutes.
2. Insert a fork or tip of a knife to check they have softened.
3. Take off the skin of potatoes and mash until you get a smooth texture.
4. Add coconut milk, eggs, cinnamon, sugar and zest of lime in the potatoes.
5. Whisk all ingredients well.
6. Put all mixtures in a baking dish and bake for 45 to 50 minutes at 180 C.