If you are a fan of flan, you are sure to add this coconut flan to your top favorites. This ooey-gooey treat is bursting with the tastes of the tropics, with mint, coconut and vanilla you are sure to indulge in this treat during the holidays.
13 oz. coconut milk
1 cup sugar
1 cup whole milk
½ cup condensed milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp cinnamon
2 oz. water
1 ½ tbsp rum
Mint leaves for garnishing
1. Beat eggs until it becomes foamy. Add coconut milk, whole milk, condensed milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and rum. Beat all the ingredients.
2. Take a saucepan and dissolve sugar in water on medium heat. Simmer it until caramel forms.
3. Preheat the oven at 300 F.
4. Now take 7 to 8 ramekins and pour caramel at the base of each ramekin.
5. Pour batter into ramekins, filling only 2/3 of its space.
6. Put all ramekins in a roasting pan and fill 2/3 of the roasting pan with boiling water.
7. Bake it for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven.
8. When cool run sharp knife around their sides and turn them over in a serving dish. Decorate with mint leaves.