Tear staining is usually caused by too much tear production. Tear stains usually look reddish-brown and they appear to look like streaks located underneath a dog or cat’s eyes.
Certain breeds tend to get tear stains more than others. For example, Maltese’s, Lhasa Apso’s, and the Shih Tzu’s tend to suffer frequently suffer from tear stains. It is usually more noticeable with dogs and cats that have light-colored coats. Typically, tear stains is not a serious problem. It just annoys the dog or cat and it doesn’t look pretty as it starts to build up around the eyes. However, sometimes it can be a symptom of a serious eye health problem.
Possible medical problems due to excessive tear stains could be:
- Ingrown eyelashes
- Infection of the eye
- Unusually large tear glands
- Extra small tear duct openings
- Other eye diseases
- Inverted eyelids
- Brachycephalic syndrome
- Ear infection
- Contact to secondhand smoke
- Poor diet
- Food bowls made of plastic
- Puppies that are teething
Using a natural tear stain remover would be a good start to correcting the problem and if the problem continues for a while or you notice other symptoms, you may want to consult your Vet to make sure it’s nothing else other than excessive tearing.
After researching various tear stain remover products, it was concluded that some tear stain removers contained antibiotics and other substances that were harmful to cats and dogs health.
PurEyes produced by Innovet is all natural and does not contain any antibiotics or harmful ingredients.
The benefits of PurEyes
- Effectively removes tear stains
- It has no antibiotics in it
- It has no alcohol in it
- It has no sulfates in it
- PurEyes is sting free
- It contains no peroxides
- Quick: Wipe on and then wipe off
- 100% natural ingredients
- Works for both cats and dogs
- 100% Made in USA
- PurEyes 100% natural tear stain remover
- Removes tear stains effectively
- It’s safe to use
- It’s gentle on your dogs or cats eyes
- PurEyes is non-irritating
- PurEyes is proven to prevent eye leakage and discharge
- Easy to use. All you do is apply to stained area with a cotton pad or soft tissue paper.
- Using it weekly prevents reoccurrence
- Contains Chamomile and Aloe Vera
- No Refrigeration Required
What the reviewer thought of the product
The reviewer was very satisfied with the outcome of this product. It removed the tear stains and the dogs that did not fight the owner when it was being used on them. After using it weekly the tear stains on the dogs face decreased tremendously. The owner will continue to use it on their dogs. It came quickly, packaged well and the owner used it they were impressed on how it improved the appearance of their dog’s face.
When they had their net Vet visit they asked their Vet about their dogs tear stains and they were told that it was natural for Shih Tzu’s to get tear stains and that their dogs were healthy.
As an author of the book, “The Complete Herbal Guide: A Natural Approach to Healing the Body – Heal Your Body Naturally and Maintain Optimal Health Using Alternative Medicine, Herbals, Vitamins, Fruits and Vegetables, I found PurEyes very beneficial. I highly recommend this product.
You can find PurEyes on their website at www.innovetpet.com or on Amazon.