What happens when you bring Breyers Natural Vanilla and Top Chef All-Star, Antonia Lofaso together? Amazing desserts, that’s what! Antonia doesn’t just enjoy cooking, she also enjoys spending time with her daughter. Little brings together a parent and child more easily than ice cream! But this mom isn’t just about the fun. She also loves Breyers because of their sustainably grown ingredients and commitment to hormone free dairy. It is for these reasons that we give Breyers Natural Vanilla 5 stars!
Antonia spoke with us about her love of Breyers, time with her daughter and about her incredible experience of working with THE Wolfgang Puck:
I have to first ask what was it like working with Wolfgang Puck?
“Best experience of my life. I left Manhattan due to 9-11 after culinary institute and got a job with him back in California. He was an immigrant who came here with nothing but the ability to cook. Love, passion, realness. A love of cooking. He’s a true Chef.”
Antonia’s “A-ha” moment with Wolfgang was over an omelet. The restaurant served one with white truffles and olive oil for $120. Every time Wolfgang saw Antonia for years, he would quiz her on her omelets. When a group of VIPs came in and asked for it, Wolfgang requested Antonia make it specifically. She admits it took her years to realize it was because he trusted she would make it perfectly. She did.
What brought you into a partnership with Breyers?
“I grew up eating ice cream. My dad thought it was the cure for everything. I’m also a busy mom looking for ways to inspire other parents to create memories through food. Working with Breyers seemed like a natural combination. What’s so great is knowing there are NO artificial growth hormones in the cows. Breyers is the first to make this move. Their vanilla beans are sustainably grown. As a mom, that matters to me. I came up with five recipes using Breyers Natural Vanilla, formulated so kids can help. Instead of baking cookies, they can help you make these!”
What are these recipes and which is your favorite?
“My recipes are derived from my life. I really love them all.”
- The Long Island inspired: Hazelnuts and Almonds with Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- The Friday Night Backyard Ice Cream Party inspired: Pound cake, peaches (smell of sunshine) and basil (inherently sweet – pairs well with fruit) with Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- The 4th of July inspired: Sauteed strawberry bottom, blueberries and pretzel sundae with Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- The Childhood inspired: Banana and Nilla Wafers with Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- And finally the one her daughter inspired. This is Antonia’s favorite. Her daughter is half Jamaican, so they came up with: Grilled pineapple and coconut sandwich with Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream.
Whichever recipe you decide to try, you’ll want to give it 5 stars too! You can find out more at Breyers.com.