Saturday morning, Target and Walmart sent out emails to customers about their early Black Friday sales, and Walmart mentioned their new Black Friday app. For the first time ever, Walmart stated that most of their Black Friday deals will be available on their website as well, and these deals will begin at 12:01 am Thanksgiving morning. This may alleviate the pressure that the crowds create in the store on Thanksgiving and early Black Friday morning. This year Walmart also has an app that will not only allow customers to see the Black Friday ad and sale items, but also maps of their stores, and any pre-Black Friday sales.
The concept of a Black Friday app is new this year. Some apps include various deals at different retailers, and include information about pre-Black Friday sales for those who don’t want to shop during the craziness of Thanksgiving and Black Friday. iTunes has a list of the most popular Black Friday apps this year, and each one has its own creative twist on what they offer. Most likely, within the next few years, every major retailer will have their own Black Friday app. See the video above for more information about Walmart deals.
Thursday in a Walmart press release, Walmart listed these as their top black Friday deals:
- 10 Televisions, including a Roku 32” Class Smart HDTV for $125 (special buy), 40” Class HDTV for $149 (special buy) and Samsung 55” Class Curved Smart 4K UHD TV for $998 ($200 savings)
- Fitness Wearables like the Fitbit Flex Wristband for $59 ($40 savings) and the Fitbit Charge HR Heart Rate + Activity Wristband for $119 ($30 savings)
- More than 100 video games many starting at $8 as well as NBA2K16, Madden ’16 andFIFA ’16 for Xbox One for $27 each ($32.88 savings)
- Video Game Console bundles including a PlayStation 4 Uncharted Bundle for $299 ($50 savings)
- More than 800 DVDs and Blu-ray movies many starting at $1.96
- Home appliances for $9.72 each including an Oster 8-Speed Blender, Crock-Pot Stainless 5-Qt. Slow Cooker and 12-cup Programmable Black & Decker Coffee Maker
- Hot toys including a Star Wars Lightsaber for $5 ($3.94 savings), the Sky Viper X-Quad Stunt R/C Drone for $25 (special buy) and the LEGO or Duplo Large Creative Box for $30 (special buy)
- Hotel Style Cotton-Rich 850-Thread Count Sheet Set for $25 (special buy)
- Children’s licensed sleepwear starting at $4.75 (special buy)
Amazon has already started their Black Friday sales on their website, and plans to include deals everyday through the holiday season. For more on this story and to see the current list of sale items, click here.
Both Walmart and Target plan to be open on Thanksgiving day this year to begin their Black Friday sale. The news is full of stories about how this new tradition is destroying the holiday for many families. Employees of the retail stores have to work on Thanksgiving, and it tears people away from Thanksgiving dinner if they plan to go to the store and shop. But as long as millions of people around the United States go to the stores during these early shopping hours, then the stores will be open.
Black Friday is the busiest shopping day of the year for retailers and consumers, and retailers fight for attention from consumers. Retailers begin promoting their holiday sales at the beginning of November. Each year, every retailer will promote their holiday sale items several weeks in advance and some add deals at the last minute. Sales continue throughout the month of December, but Black Friday and Cyber Monday are the biggest discounted days of the year. Every major retailer including Walmart, Amazon, Target, Best Buy, Apple, and Game Stop have Black Friday ads that they release.
This is the best tome of the year to get deeply discounted items and deals on electronics. This includes HGTV’s, tablets, and laptops and some deals will get people out of bed at 4 a.m. to get them.
Black Friday shopping takes planning and you will need to get organized if you plan to shop to get what you want. You can raise your chances of getting the specific items you want for Christmas this year. Make a plan and know exactly where you are going when you get into the store. The Walmart app can even help you with a map of your local store, so you know where to go once inside. For more tips and tricks for getting the best holiday deals, click here.