This year was undeniably an exciting one in the beauty world. With new palettes, luminizers, and state of the art skincare emerging from brands we know and love, there was surely always something fresh and fun to discover. This particular Best In edition, however, features a name you may not be familiar with (unless you are an avid Instagrammer or true beauty junkie) but need to know now. That is why, friends, Alexa Persico Cosmetics has won Best in Beauty: Underrated Brand of the Year.
That’s not to say the brand is unknown – in fact, Alexa Persico is a huge name on Instagram and in the beauty industry itself. At 23 years old, she is already an accomplished makeup artist with her own branding. It’s truly amazing and an inspiration to all young women around the world with the same passion and dream; that’s why it’s even more exciting to share Alexa Persico Cosmetics with you as the category’s definitive winner. Now onto the good stuff – here’s what you need to know:
- Hide & Seek Concealer is a creamy, emollient concealer with high coverage and a natural finish. It’s so extremely pigmented that just a dab on your fingertips will cover an entire blemish or under eye area. There are 4 available shades, but Light Ivory Beige is a neutral light-to-medium color that will work on a variety of skin tones in that range.
- Lip Velour is a medium opacity, high-shine lip gloss with both shimmer and cream finishes. The formula is comfortable and non-drying or sticky. There’s a color for everyone, but Naked and Hush are total necessities if you’re a nude lover. These will always remain a staple in your makeup bag and can lighten up dull complexions based on the undertone you prefer – Naked has a peachy tone, while Hush brightens skin with a flattering pink base.
- Perfect Lips Lipstick comes housed in very light, travel-friendly plastic packaging with a clear band in the middle so you can easily see its color. It’s smooth and glides over fine lines on the lip while filling them in. Perfect Lips leaves a grown-up sheen full color payoff on first swipe. All of the colors are gorgeous but if you were to pick just one, let it be Ava – the shade unique and can be worn in so many ways. On light skin, pile it on and see a cool-toned lilac pink. On dark skin, lightly pat it on the center of the lips with Nanny applied outward for a sexy ombre lip.
- Stay Proof Gel Liner: While most liners that claim to be “budge proof” leave disappointing (and unattractive!) smudges everywhere, Stay Proof actually does what it promises. Even without an eye shadow base, the gel does not smear. This is not a joke – this is not a test – there really is a liner out there that doesn’t give you raccoon eyes, even when you don’t have time to prime your eyes. (Bonus tip: Black Night works well when used over loose pigments or glitters. It glides on the skin without moving the pigment and stays inky black all day!)
- HD Pigments: The best was saved for last. If you thought you were a fan of pigments before, you haven’t seen anything yet. These shadows are little bits of colorful unicorn heaven crushed down into loose powder that is insanely show-stopping (dramatic, yes, but you need to see them for yourself to understand). The difference between HD Pigments and its many competitive others is that these are wow – kapow – kabaam – on first application. You can indeed wet them for a “foiled” look, but even when worn dry, these pigments pack a punch that should set the standard in cosmetic labs. There are 14 shades to choose from with a color palette that screams bold. This Halloween, use Santorini for all your Mermaid costume needs. Purple lovers will find Crisp Plum a perfect liner shade to bring out brown eyes. For the ultimate duochrome smokey eye, try Galaxy all over the lid with a combination of Bronze Baby in the crease and Pixi Dust as a highlight.
It’s rare to find a beauty brand with consistently great products across the board. Alexa Persico Cosmetics stands the test of wear in heat, humidity, color saturation, formula, and overall performance – and that’s why a Best In 2015 is well deserved. To see Alexa Persico makeup for yourself, check out the website. What do you think of this line? Send your feedback or questions to email@example.com.