With so many anti-aging moisturizers out on the market, it is difficult to make a choice. And while there are a few factors that can help narrow down the choice, it still is daunting, walking into a pharmacy or department store. This list is of products showcased by leading magazines were chosen as top anti-aging products. To narrow it down even further, ask the beauty consultant which ones will suit your skin type. Oily skin that would break out with a heavy product, still will do that, even if the surface is dry or dehydrated. Skin that has brown spots will need a correction element within the moisturizer to lighten and brighten. Dehydrated skin will still need hydration at the same time as improving fine lines and wrinkles. Sensitive skin will still need something to soothe it and prevent redness. These are the natural conditions which, in itself, will narrow the search. Inquiring at the makeup counter about which ones will address these issues, as well as which will tackle the anti-aging factor, is the best plan.
1) Estee Lauder Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti-Aging Creme- An all-in-one cream that will address dryness and all the visible signs of aging. Promises an improvement in cell turnover as well as repairing and restoring existing cells. Contains Vitamin E. Absorbs fast to soothe dry skin. One of Chatelaine Magazine’s picks.
2) Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair -Synchronized Recovery Complex- A favourite Estee Lauder night cream that help boosts cell renewal and leaves the skin looking younger and smoother. It helps restore the skin’s radiance while you sleep with superior hydration so you wake up to improved skin. One of Marie Claire Magazine’s picks.
3) Clarins Super Restorative Day Cream- It promises to replenish skin that has become dry with aging and boost collagen production which is always a plus in older skin.And the great news is it plumps skin instantly.This was one of Chatelaine’s 2014 best picks for anti-ageing creams.
4) Lise Watier Age Prevention Supreme Serum Boreal- The mission of this serum is to cover all the bases of skin aging with their prized ingredient- Labrador tea extract which is a powerful antioxidant, harvested from Canada’s boreal forests. Tackles everything from rough skin to fine lines to dark spots and is also a Chatelaine pick.
5) Oil of Olay Regenerists Luminous Moisturizer- A powerhouse of antioxidants to fight free radicals that can age skin is the main focus of this rich cream. Green tea helps inhibit dark spots by keeping melanin at bay. Another fave from Chatelaine 2014.
6) Oil of Olay Regenerists Regenerating Serum- Delivers more velvety, smooth skin says Total Beauty when members tested it and- in one week. Plus has an easy to apply, lightweight formula.
7) Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair SPF 30- Trumps some of the more expensive competition with proven retinol and several peptides to smooth and soften the look of wrinkles. Has an SPF of 30 to prevent further damage. Another Total Beauty top contender.
8) Roc Retinol Correction Sensitive Night Cream- Formulated for sensitive skin (which is a bonus when Retinol is used), it performs wonderfully on dark spots and wrinkles. Firming. Lightweight texture absorbs quickly into the skin. Total Beauty Gold Winner.
When you’re shopping for great anti-ageing moisturizers and serums- how much better to be armed with the knowledge of what works best.