As the weather is turning colder, the leaves are changing, and the hints of what our winter is going to look like are all signs that the local musicians are going to heat up the venues this year. Each time they play they gain more loyal fans, don’t miss out on the opportunity to watch a local musician grow from playing in bars to playing in major venues across the country.
Without support the local music scene is suffering, please take the time out to go see a local band play. The local musicians put on a great show no matter what is happening around them. The local musicians and the bands will put on the same show if there are 10 people in the audience or 20,000 people. They are the true entertainers in the industry.
The local venues need the support also, without them opening their doors to the musicians there would be no $5.00 cover charges for 10 bands playing, great food and drink prices, most of all there would be no place to go see these talented musicians play. Take the chance on seeing a great show, having some great food and drinks and meeting a musician that someday will be performing in front of thousands of people.
Take a night out and check out some great local music and entertainment. Perfect for a “Date” Night with the one you love or a great first date choice with live entertainment, drinks and food.
“The GERG SHOW” every week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 – 9PM EDT/EST (-5 GMT) 4 – 6PM PDT/PST, Indie Scene Radio station owner, program director and Host DJ, Gerg Anidem, hosts his LIVE show introducing new independent music artists from around the globe every week! The station streams at 320K for THE BEST audio stream on the internet 24/7/365! Turn it up!
Tuesday October 13, 2015
- PPRN Presents Jamie Kennedy, Parker Porter, The 34s & Bad Larry – 7 pm – Tonight, Hollywood comes calling as Peter Pinho welcomes Jamie Kennedy, who brings an update on his new films “Tremors 5: Bloodlines” and “The Sand,” along with advice on getting to the top of the show biz scene.
Also on PPRN tonight is Parker Porter, MMA professonal heavyweight and co-owner of the Fit 4 U gym in Cheshire, Connecticut. Parker is in the studio to talk about his 10 years as an MMA fighter and the challenges of his remarkable career.
Our music guests tonight are The 34s, who have a new EP they are sharing with us, and the band Bad Larry, who are making their second PPRN appearance this year.
Plus, funnyman Peter Angelo returns, along with producer and co-host Phil Hall. It is all happening live – uncensored, unscripted and unapologetic – at PPRNLiveRadio.com!
Wednesday October 14, 2015
- PPRN Presents Michael Eck, Jay Silfen & Friends – 7 pm – Peter Pinho welcomes back one of PPRN’s most enjoyable guests: actor/writer/martial arts instructor/business owner (and birthday celebrant) Michael Eck, and actor/comic/raconteur Jay Silfen.
Also on the show tonight are two new visitors to PPRN: stand-up comedian Pepino Clemenza Capicola and novelist Alejandro Morales, author of the “Cougar” trilogy.
It’s all happening live – uncensored, unscripted and unapologetic – on PPRNLiveRadio.com!
- WRRV presents: Godsmack and Sevendust – 8 pm – Mid-Hudson Civic Center
14 Civic Center Plz, Poughkeepsie, New York 12601 – Godsmack returns to the Mid-Hudson Civic Center with Sevendust and special guests Sidewise on Wednesday, October 14th 2015!
The WRRV 20th anniversary concert series continues with a huge show this fall. WRRV presents Godsmack with Sevendust at the Mid Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie on October 14th.
Tickets will go onsale Friday, July 17th at 10:00am at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center box office, all Ticketmaster location, charge by phone by calling 1-800-745-3000 or online at Ticketmaster.com
Read More: WRRV Presents Godsmack w/Sevendust in Poughkeepsie |
Tickets: $45.75, general admission. Doors at 7pm, the show starts 8pm and is all ages.
Thursday October 15, 2015
- Isabel Stover at Cafe Nine – 9 pm – 250 State St, New Haven, Connecticut 06510 – Get tickets: Details: “Jazz is my go-to music; my comfort food,” says Isabel Stover. “As vocal artists there is a need to bear our souls to the world, but at the same time make our music accessible to people. Which is why all these other musical influences that I bring to the table must inform what I do, from my choice in songs to how I sing a particular lyric.” Anyone who listens to Stover’s recording, Her Own Sweet World, released in 2012 would agree. The debut CD is a carousel of jazz standards serving up original arrangements of samba, swing and waltz with a side of blues and pop. Stover’s perfectly balanced tone and mastery of phrasing is the icing. In fearlessly deconstructing musical compositions to their emotional core, Stover’s indelible presence shines through regardless of genre or style.
- Acoustic night with Eddie Seville – Shamrock Pub and Grill 210 Meadow St, Waterbury, Connecticut 06702 7:30 pm
Friday October 16, 2015
- 2015 Glastonbury Apple Harvest Festival – October 16 to 18, 2015 – Riverfront Park
200 Welles St, Glastonbury, Connecticut 06033 – Each year the Glastonbury Apple Harvest Festival is rated as one of the best annual events in the entire state. This year promises to be the biggest and best in the festival’s storied history. Mark your calendars now for October 16, 17, & 18, 2015! Some highlights include:
– 40 Bands/3 Stages
– Vendor Village – 100+ vendors (no evening hours)
– 30+ Food Trucks/Vendors
– Amusement Rides – Kiddie to Thrill Rides
– Angry Orchard Pub – Local Beer & Wine
– Silent Movies After Dark
– Fireworks on Saturday Night
– Angry Orchard Apple Harvest Festival 5K, 1K, & Kids Fun Run
– Bicycle Scavenger Hunt
– Petting Zoo
– Free Shuttle Bus from Glastonbury High School
Friday – 6-10 pm
Saturday – 10 am – 10 pm
Sunday – 10 am – 5 pm
Friday night – $3
Saturday/Sunday – $5
Kids under three years old or three feet tall are FREE!
No dogs allowed on Festival grounds except service animals.
For more information visit Glastonbury Chamber of Commerce
Straight Shooter at the Twisted Tavern – 7 pm – Address: 4777 Sunrise Hwy, Bohemia, NY 11716 – Rock the night away with Straight Shooter and enjoy the great food as they play two blistering sets with a few new surprises! As always there is no cover charge!
Halloween on the Hudson Cruise with School’s Out (Alice Cooper Tribute) – 7:30 pm Empire Cruise Lines 29 N Water St, Poughkeepsie, New York 12601 – Enjoy the Hudson River on a crisp October evening, while partying with SCHOOL’S OUT and their Alice Cooper tribute! Tigman and Ryan will supply some additional Halloween favorites as we sail, and you can enjoy free candy and a cash bar!
Going Down to Mexico Tour 2015 Live in Wallingford – 8 pm – Cherry Street Station 491 N Cherry St Ext, Wallingford, Connecticut 06492 – Come and check out Octobrists on their “Going Down to Mexico Tour” at Cherry Street Station
This show will also feature the best local music in Wallingford, Connecticut
Where The Corpses Fall
and of course Octobrists
The show will be 21 and Over and will be $5 at the door.
Doors open at 8 pm and music starts at 9 pm.Click For tickets. You will receive a FREE Octobrists sticker pack with purchase.
Saturday October 17, 2015
- Harrifest 2015, The 12th annual tribute to George Harrison – 4 pm – Seaport Inn & Marina 110 Middle St, Fairhaven, Massachusetts 02719 Tickets are $15.00 in advance and $20.00 at the door. Information and tickets available at Harrifest 2015
Jonathan Siksay and Emma Henning at The Twisted Vine – 7 pm – Twisted Vine Restaurant 285 Main St, Derby, Connecticut 06418 – A great acoustic show to see.
EXCITER ~ The Judas Priest Show @ COOK’S CAFE Rocktober 17th – 9 pm Cook’s Cafe 203 Church St, Naugatuck, Connecticut 06770 – Continuing with COOK’S CAFE’S 17th year Anniversary and Mr. Mark METAL Cook’s Bday……from Long Island NY …….EXCITER!! With opening band TBA.
Doug Wahlberg Band Live @ Fast Eddies New Milford! This Saturday – 9:30 pm – Fast Eddie’s Billiards Cafe 46 Old State Rd, New Milford, Connecticut 06776
If you would like articles and listings of where to go and see the live local musicians please subscribe to the author.