Arccos Golf has launched updates to a variety of key features for the game’s only GPS plus Live Shot Tracking and Tour Analytics platform. The advances in the new 1.4 version include shot editing, battery life, social search and a proprietary Smart Distance algorithm that provides precise yardage expectancies for each club.
Details on the new Arccos 1.4 include:
- Smart Distance – Improved distance expectancies for each club, including the “Smart Range” function that illustrates specific average distance ranges for each club (more information here).
- Shot/Putt Editing – Users will experience a more intuitive shot-editing experience via the ability to add, delete, edit or move shots with ease upon entering each hole’s edit screen, and quickly add gimme putts using a simple plus-minus toggle.
- Flagstick/Putting Distance – For more accurate putting distances and statistics, users can edit the location of the first putt and the flagstick on each hole; this also improves the accuracy of proximity to pin stats on chips, sand shots and general approach shots.
- Improved Battery Life – Battery consumption is greatly reduced due to the app’s new ability to work in the background.
- Search Improvements – Searching for courses or a fellow golfer on the Arccos social platform becomes easier through the implementation of new algorithms.
The award-winning Arccos system features a set of 14 virtually weightless sensors that easily attach to the end of a grip. Paired just once via Bluetooth to the Arccos app, the sensors automatically deliver information on distances hit, club averages, driving accuracy, greens in regulation, sand saves, putts and more.
Widely heralded as one of the game’s most innovative and beneficial technologies, Arccos is endorsed by 2014 FedExCup Champion Billy Horschel and two-time World Long Drive Champion Jamie Sadlowski.
Beyond its shot-tracking capabilities, the Arccos app provides users with easy-to-use Advanced GPS for more than 20,000 courses worldwide. This function gives players precise yardages to any location on a hole while simultaneously showing the distance from that spot to the green.
Further distinguishing Arccos are a suite of social features. These allow users to follow other players, see who is following them, and receive round updates – including holes, stats and bests – directly to the in-app social stream. Instructors and coaches can use this as a tool to “follow” players, instantly receiving their stats upon completion of a round, or gathering valuable information on overall performance via deep dives into statistics, past rounds, Tour Analytics and more.
Developed in conjunction with golf’s most renowned statistician, Peter Sanders, Tour Analytics draws from his work with PGA Tour star Zach Johnson and many others. It automatically breaks down a players’ handicap into five key components – driving, approach, chipping, sand game and putting – helping golfers:
- Gain insight into what every shot means.
- Understand exactly how each part of their game contributes to scoring.
- Explore comparative data in each of the five components from golfers with the same handicap.
- Evaluate patterns across their entire golf history, supporting refinement of on-course tactics.