With Halloween this weekend please be careful of all the tricksters running around the neighborhoods, once you are done handing out your candy get out and see one the local musicians perform. There are quite a few Halloween Parties happening as well as performances at the local venues. Get out there and support them. Each time they play they gain more loyal fans, don’t miss out on the opportunity to watch a local musician grow from playing in bars to playing in major venues across the country.
Without support the local music scene is suffering, please take the time out to go see a local band play. The local musicians put on a great show no matter what is happening around them. The local musicians and the bands will put on the same show if there are 10 people in the audience or 20,000 people. They are the true entertainers in the industry.
The local venues need the support also, without them opening their doors to the musicians there would be no $5.00 cover charges for 10 bands playing, great food and drink prices, most of all there would be no place to go see these talented musicians play. Take the chance on seeing a great show, having some great food and drinks and meeting a musician that someday will be performing in front of thousands of people.
Take a night out and check out some great local music and entertainment. Perfect for a “Date” Night with the one you love or a great first date choice with live entertainment, drinks and food.
“The GERG SHOW” every week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 – 9PM EDT/EST (-5 GMT) 4 – 6PM PDT/PST, Indie Scene Radio station owner, program director and Host DJ, Gerg Anidem, hosts his LIVE show introducing new independent music artists from around the globe every week! The station streams at 320K for THE BEST audio stream on the internet 24/7/365! Turn it up!
Tuesday October 27, 2015
- PPRN Presents Peter Golik, Paul DeSimone, The Sawtelles, James Livesey & Matthew Heath – 7 pm – Tonight, Peter Pinho offers a rather eclectic line-up of guests.
Peter Golik is a fast-rising up-and-coming bodybuilder (that’s him in the event photo) who recently lit up the NPC East Coast Cup tournament by winning the novice heavyweight division and placing second in the heavyweight division, which qualifies him for the upcoming nationals competition. He’s joined by Paul DeSimone, who turned his competitive bodybuilding record into careers as a business owner, filmmaker and actor. (Paul co-starred with PPRN’s Phil Hall in the award-winning comedy/sci-fi film “Land of College Prophets.”)
For our music guests, The Sawtelles return with their distinctive brand of melodic mayhem. And joining them is James Livesey, the front man for Jamie’s Junk Show, a band that promises “a groovy acoustic style incorporating, Rock, Reggae, Bluegrass and Jazz.”
Plus, comic Matthew Heath returns to PPRN to match wits with our in-house funnyman Peter Angelo. It’s all happening live – unscripted, uncensored and unapologetic – at PPRNLiveRadio.com!
Wednesday October 28, 2015
- PPRN Presents Justin Perillo, Kenny Mehler Band, Ray Cosker & David Sheehan – 7 pm – Peter Pinho welcomes singer/songwriter Justin Perillo, whose raw and organic approach to songwriting and guitar playing are complimented with poignant and heartfelt lyrics. Take a listen to Justin (that’s him in the event photo) and you will be hooked.
Also on tap tonight is the Kenny Mehler Band, an alternative country band with the goal of “reinventing the standard of solid homegrown music.” Their latest album is “Cornbread and Whiskey.”
Plus, a pair of highly original comedians, Ray Cosker and David Sheehan, make their respective returns to PPRN Radio. And the newest member of the PPRN cast, DJ Maxx, brings his distinctive mixing style to the airwaves while co-host Phil Hall looks on approvingly.
It’s all happening live – uncensored, unscripted and unapologetic – at PPRNLiveRadio.com!
Friday October 30, 2015
- As Darkness Dies Album Release – On Friday As Darkness Dies announces the Worldwide release of their newest album on Pure Steel Records! Please reserve your copy here !! Their contract is based on sales, the more they sell the bigger the opportunities come. So they are asking you, the loyal supporters to help the cause and get your friends on board too!!
- Metal Fortress Birthday Celebrations! – 7 pm – Cook’s Cafe 203 Church St, Naugatuck, Connecticut 06770 – It’s Time To Celebrate! Metal Fortress is a year old! Not to forget Beast and Ms. B’havior’s birthday too! Costumes encouraged! $8 at the door, but only $5 if you come in costume. OFNR will be broadcasting Live!
Headliner: Havochate, James n Johnson (acoustic), Divided Silence (acoustic), Temujin, Continuum, Agrippa93, Wreckage, Shadow Kingdom
- Halloween Rock Fest m/ – 7 pm – The Frog Pond 251 E Main St, Stratford, Connecticut 06614 – Come out the the day before Halloween for some live bands and beer. -This will also be a optional costume contest between the bands best dressed band gets a free case of beer. Bad Larry 7:30 – 8:00, Morehouse 8:15 – 8:45, 5 lb Sledge 9:00 – 9:30, Siksay & Emma Henning 9:45 – 10:15, Voodoo 10:30 – 11:00, Boggeater 11:15 – 11:45.
- DP Acoustic returns to Tom and Jerry’s! – 7:30 pm – Tom and Jerry’s Irish House 987 Route 22, Brewster, New York 10509 – Come out for dinner and some great acoustic rock! – DP Acoustic is one of those groups that doesn’t need the fancy lighting or stage show to make them look good. The music speaks for itself, the singer has an amazing voice – sit back, close your eyes and let the music take you away.
- Monsters’ Ball on Devil’s Night! (L&L meets Metasin) feat. DEMON BOY – 8:30 pm – Avanti Night Club 272 Post Ave, Westbury, New York 11590 – **Advanced Tix are available** Be prepared for a monsterishly good time this Devil’s Night @ The Monster Ball!!! Dance the night away w/ all the other ghouls, spirits, monsters & haunts galore!! Djs will be spinning a mix of Industrial, Goth, New Wave, Ebm, Metal, post punk, Rock, modern Alternative & MUCH MORE!! This party brings to the table the best of both Metasin & Leather & Lace together under one roof!!! This will be one hell of a Devil’s Night! Release your inner monster & let loose on the dance floor!
- Hazzard County Halloween Bash – 9 pm – American Pie & Pub 15 Klarides Village Dr, Seymour, Connecticut 06483 – Its your favorite local country band, Hazzard County. Be sure to dress up to win some great cash and prizes. Come early and enjoy the best thin crust pizza around.
- Shakedown’s Halloween Bash at Toads Place!! – 10 pm – Toad’s Place 300 York St, New Haven, Connecticut 06511 – ALL AGES EVENT!! DOORS AT 8:00, 1st Opener on at 8:30pm Reduced admission with pass…More Info: Shakedown
Halloween – Saturday October 31, 2015
- Halloween Party at the Celtic Lounge – 6 pm – AOH 10 N Main St, Monroe, New York 10950 – Come hang out and watch local bands perform at the AOH Building (10 N Main Street Monroe 10950) on the 31st from 6-12! The show itself will take place on the second floor of the building at the Celtic Lounge. Absolute Zeros will be hosting, entry is free. Big thanks to Neil O’Riordan for having us! Costumes highly recommended!
- Ozzy & Alice Halloween Party – 9 pm – OCC Cafe 14 Crossroads Ct, Newburgh, New York 12550 – This is gonna be the Party to be at this Halloween .. with costume contests , drink specials, and winning prizes! Just confirmed our good friends SCHOOL’S OUT (Alice Cooper Tribute).
Sunday November 1, 2015 – resting at home after a crazy weekend of seeing all your favorite musicians perform across the state.
If you would like articles like this delivered right to your inbox please subscribe to the author.