Have you seen ‘Blended’ starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore? If you haven’t seen the movie, basically it’s two separate families who take a vacation to Africa and without realizing it are tacking part in a family moon. More and more people who are getting married end up in a blended marriage and with this rise in blended marriage there is also a rise in family moons instead of honeymoons.
A family moon is more than just a family vacation. It is a way for families to come together to create their own unforgettable experiences and strengthen the commitment to one another. While an all exclusive Caribbean family moon sounds exciting as does a Disney vacation, planning a family moon takes more than just picking a spot. For this unique vacation, consider choosing something totally as different and unique as your new family. An off the beaten path vacation idea is plan a trip to one of the many countries along the Adriatic Coast. Designed for families who prefer to think outside the theme park and prefer an adventurous vacation, getaways by Adriatic Luxury Journeys introduce kids to the history and culture of the region, while giving them a chance to make new friends and simply play outside. Adriatic Luxury Journeys highlight the rich history, the preserved architecture, the fairytale scenery and the natural wonders of the coastal region. With crafted family-friendly itineraries that appeal to eberyone in the family from restless kids and culturally-minded parents, these getaways combine history with recreation to hold even the shortest attention span. With several itinerary tours to choose from you will get the chance to experience anything from a real-life knights’ tournaments, dazzling caves filled with green and blue light, the famous Dragon Bridge on Ljubljanica River, or even Albania’s history-steeped Theti Valley.
Some of Adriatic Luxury Journeys’ featured Journeys for Families include:
Croatia Family Experience:
Between submarine rides, dazzling sea caves and even man-made lightning, even your kids will be enthralled with each new experience. With just a few other families, you’ll explore Croatia’s authentic small towns, intriguing islands and beautiful countryside, introducing your kids to lifelong friends, accompanied by a lively English-speaking guide that will lead you through sightseeing tours, arts, crafts and tastings of local treats While you’re there you’ll get the chance to also experience a very special event; the centuries-old tournament of Sinjska Alka, a celebration in Sinj, Croatia that celebrates its victory over the Ottoman Turks. During the event you’ll watch various horsemen as they attempt to aim their lances at a hanging metal ring at full gallop. The 300th anniversary of Sinjska Alka takes place this August and is part of the 12 day private tour. For more information just click here.
If you’ve never visited Albania this is your chance to step back in time as you and your kids explore a new destination together. Together you’ll wander through the Castle of Rozafa and see which one of the local village delicacies becomes a new family favorite. Also you’ll tour the Archeological Museum and the Venetian Tower in the Durres and Gjirokastra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. For the truly adventurous, you can try paragliding over the turquoise waters of the Albanian River or rafting through the river’s twists and turns. Between sailing, horseback riding, quaint cafes and kid-friendly restaurants, your family might just discover a new favorite destination. To learn more about a 9 day private Albanian tour just click here.
Julian Alps & Lakes:
For the outdoorsy family, Slovenia is the place to visit. In Slovenia you can wander up mountain trails to the crystal lakes of the Julian Alps, follow a friendly private guide through the famous Postojna Cave, and explore the majestic Predjama Castle. Whatever adventures your family chooses, your kids will leave Slovenia with lungs full of fresh air, an immersive history lesson and a new outlook on the world. While you’re there you can also explore Ljubljana’s baroque architecture, charming streets and markets, take a pletna boat ride to St. Mary’s island of Lake Bled and hike to the highest point, admire mountain peaks and crystal clear lakes as you hike to Triglav. Lastly for the nature lover in all of you, you’ll especially love the picturesque village of Lipica, where you can learn about the intriguing Lipizzaner horses. For more information about an 8 day private tour just click here.
If you’re still not convinced an Adriatic Luxury Journey is right for you, here are 10 more kid-friendly activities on the Adriatic Coast:
- Ride the Little Red Semi-submarine in Korcula.
- Hear the sea organ musical art installation and watch the “Sun Salutation” light show at Zadar.
- Zip line across the Cetina River.
- Join the International Children’s Festival in Sibenik, held every year at the end of June and into early July.
- Sail to Blue Cave, a natural show cave off the coast of Split that fills with silvery blue light as the sun reaches its highest point.
- Watch the 300th anniversary of Sinjska Alka, a celebration in Sinj, Croatia of their victory over the Ottoman Turks in 1715. The family-friendly event, which takes place annually during early August, features various horsemen as they attempt to aim their lances at a hanging metal ring at full gallop.
- Visit a traditional Albanian farm and learn to make the country’s culinary specialties.
- Wander through the lakes and waterfalls of Plitvice Lakes National Park. (Adriatic Luxury Journeys’ English-speaking private drivers and fleet of air conditioned sedans makes getting to the small towns and national parks within countries along the Adriatic Coast seamless.)
- Take a guided walking tour (which includes a train ride) to the heart of Slovenia’s famous Postojna Cave.
- Learn to play Picigin, a traditional Croatian beach game played in kid-friendly shallow waters.
Adriatic Luxury Journeys can arrange all the above activities as part of their Private Journeys, signature Small Group Tours or customized private guided tours. To learn more and to plan your blended family’s ‘Family Moon’ visit Adriatic Luxury Journeys at https://adriaticluxury.com/.