On July 16, ABC announced it will offer panels for two of its most anticipated fall series, allowing fans to hear from the shows’ creators, stars, and performers. In addition, ABC stars from several series will appear at the Expo in autograph signing sessions. ABC Family will hold sessions for guests to meet stars from the network’s hit series, in addition to giving away collectible pin to its fans.
ABC will present two panels at D23 Expo 2015. The first is focused on promoting the debut of “The Muppets,” a new, prime-time mockumentary-style comedy slated to debut Sept. 22. The second is devoted to “Once Upon a Time” (OUAT), the fairy-tale series now entering its fifth season, and will include a Q&A as part of the experience.
ABC and ABC Family will also be present on Expo show floor at the Disney | ABC TV pavilion booth, as stars both networks will appear throughout the weekend. D23 attendees can meet and receive autographs from ABC stars from “Once Upon a Time” (OUAT), “black-ish,” “Dancing with the Stars,” “Fresh Off the Boat,” and “The Goldbergs” as well as ABC Family stars from “Young & Hungry,” “The Fosters,” “Switched at Birth,” “Stitchers,” and “Baby Daddy”
ABC’s panels for D23 Expo 2015 will take place on Friday and Saturday of the three-day event, with autograph signings taking place throughout the event at specific times. This year’s D23 Expo: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event will take place Aug. 14-16 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
The Magic Behind the Muppets (Friday, Aug. 14, 10 a.m. at Stage 23) will provide attendees with the opportunity to learn more about “the magic and art of being a Muppet Performer.” The panel will showcase the talents of these creative artists and some favorite characters for a demonstration of how Muppets are brought to life. The panel also promises surprise guests.
“Once Upon a Time”: An Evening with Snow White & the Evil Queen (Saturday, Aug. 15, 6 p.m. at Stage 23) will discuss the series’ upcoming season, a season addresses Emma Swan transitioning into her role as the Dark One as other OUAT characters begin the search for Sorcerer Merlin to free her from the darkness. The season will also introduce Merida from “Brave,” the show’s first Pixar character. OUAT is scheduled to premiere Sept. 27.
The OUAT panel will include co-creators and executive producers Edward Kitsis (“Lost”) and Adam Horowitz (“Lost”) along with series stars Ginnifer Goodwin (Snow White/Mary Margaret Blanchard) and Lana Parrilla (The Evil Queen/Regina Mills) and an exclusive sneak peek at the upcoming season premiere! D23’s own Jeffrey Epstein will moderate the Q&A.
ABC and ABC Family have provided the following appearance schedule (subject to change at the Disney | ABC TV pavilion booth:
Friday, Aug. 14
- 11-11:50 a.m. – “Young & Hungry” stars Jonathan Sadowski (Josh) and Aimee Carrero (Sofia)
- 12-12:50 p.m. – “Dancing with the Stars” pro dancers Witney Carson (Season 19 champion) and Allison Holker (Season 20 runner-up)
- 1-1:50 p.m. – “The Fosters” stars Sherri Saum (Lena) and Hayden Byerly (Jude)
- 5-5:30 p.m. – “Switched at Birth” stars Constance Marie (Regina) and Lea Thompson (Kathryn)
Saturday, August 15
- 12-12:50 p.m.– “Stitchers” stars Emma Ishta (Kirsten), Kyle Harris (Cameron), Ritesh Rajan (Linus), Salli Richardson-Whitfield (Maggie) and Allison Scagliotti (Camille)
- 4-4:50 p.m. – “black-ish” stars Yara Shahidi (Zoey), Marcus Scribner (Marcus), Miles Brown (Jack) and Marsai Martin (Diane)
- 5-5:40 p.m. –”Once Upon a Time,” stars to be announced
- 6-6:50 p.m. – “Baby Daddy” stars Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Ben), Chelsea Kane (Riley) and Melissa Peterman (Bonnie)
Sunday, August 16
- 10-10:50 a.m. – “Fresh Off the Boat” stars Randall Park (Louis), Constance Wu (Jessica), Hudson Yang (Eddie), Forrest Wheeler (Emery) and Ian Chen (Evan)
- 5-5:50 p.m. – “The Goldbergs” stars Sean Giambrone (Adam) and Hayley Orrantia (Erica)
ABC, working with the Disney Store, will hold a special collectible signing session for those who purchase the “Once Upon a Time” Snow White and Evil Queen Doll Collection, available only at the Disney Store at D23 Expo 2015. (LE 300, $129.95) Ginnifer Goodwin (Snow White) and Lana Parrilla (The Evil Queen) will sign dolls from the collection in an autograph session to take place on Saturday, Aug. 15 from 4- 4:45 p.m. at the ABC booth on the D23 Expo Show Floor. The autograph session is exclusively for guests who have purchased the dolls.
ABC Family will give away exclusive pin sets at the Expo, featuring a different set each day. Friday’s pins features network’s new series “Shadowhunters,” Saturday’s “Pretty Little Liars” and Sunday’s ABC Family’s annual 25 Days of Christmas.These pins will be available at the Disney | ABC TV Pavilion booth on the D23 Expo Show Floor.
Tickets for D23 Expo 2015 are $74 for a one-day adult admission and $54 for children 3–12. Tickets for members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club are $65 for a one-day adult admission and $48 for children. Discounts are available for D23 Members and multi-day money-saving tickets are also available on general admission and member tickets. Visit D23 Expo for more information on tickets and the ticket pricing structure for D23 Members and general admission.