For Chicagoans, Green City Market offers a bountiful array of farm fresh delights from local vendors. Seasonal fruits, vegetables and local purveyors offers both home chefs and culinary professionals the ability to create delicious meals. The Green City Market benefits from fundraisers throughout the year. On October 2, the market will host A (Mostly) Veggie Affair.
A Mostly Veggie Affair will be an evening where guests can enjoy stationed tastings throughout the evening. The dishes will feature all vegetable dishes made with Green City Market vendor produce. For the meat lovers in the crowd, Green City Market Board Junior Board member chefs, Jared Batson (The Nomad Food Company), Scott Manley (Table, Donkey & Stick), and David Ochs (Maple & Ash) will prepare dishes made from three whole animals so guests can “Cheat on Meat or Go Whole Beast!”
In addition to the regular ticket, A (Mostly) Veggie Affair will offer a VIP hour from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. A limited number of guests will have early access to try the offerings of the chefs, bartenders and brewers participating. Early bird pricing is $55 for General Admission (from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.) and $75 for VIP access (6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.). After September 1, tickets will be $75 for GA and $95 for VIP. Tickets are available on Eventbrite at: http://bit.ly/1NFOb9q or can be purchased in person at the Green City Market info booth on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 7:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
The Green City Market benefit, A (Mostly) Veggie Affair will feature the following:
- Jared Batson (The Nomad Food Company)
- Scott Manley (Table Donkey and Stick)
- David Ochs (Maple & Ash)
- Eric Mansavage (Farmhouse)
- Nathan Sears (The Radler)
- Chris Davies (Homestead on the Roof)
- Paul Virant (Vie/Perennial Virant/Vistro)
- Lawrence Letrero (Sable)
- Andres Padilla (Xoco)
- Aya Fukai (Sixteen at The Trump) (Desserts)
- And more to come
- Will Duncan (Punch House)
- Billy Helmkamp (The Whistler)
- Chef Riley Huddleston (I|O at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago)
- Freddie Sarkis (Broken Shaker)
- Spirits donated by CH Distillery, Rhine Hall Distillery and New Holland Artisan Spirits
- Moody Tongue Brewing Company
- Virtue Cider
A (Mostly) Veggie Affair is generously sponsored by Midwest Foods. Proceeds benefit the Green City Market and its mission to provide a marketplace for purchasing sustainably grown food and to educate, promote and connect farmers and local producers directly to chefs, restaurateurs, and the greater Chicago community.