Start your holiday shopping with a CD or T- shirt from a local musician. Without support the local music scene is suffering, please take the time out to go see a local band play. The local musicians put on a great show no matter what is happening around them. The local musicians and the bands will put on the same show if there are 10 people in the audience or 20,000 people. They are the true entertainers in the industry.
The local venues need the support also, without them opening their doors to the musicians there would be no $5.00 cover charges for 10 bands playing, great food and drink prices, most of all there would be no place to go see these talented musicians play. Take the chance on seeing a great show, having some great food and drinks and meeting a musician that someday will be performing in front of thousands of people.
Take a night out and check out some great local music and entertainment. Perfect for a “Date” Night with the one you love or a great first date choice with live entertainment, drinks and food.
“The GERG SHOW” every week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 – 9PM EDT/EST (-5 GMT) 4 – 6PM PDT/PST, Indie Scene Radio station owner, program director and Host DJ, Gerg Anidem, hosts his LIVE show introducing new independent music artists from around the globe every week! The station streams at 320K for THE BEST audio stream on the internet 24/7/365! Turn it up!
Tuesday November 17, 2015
- PPRN Presents Joey Fatone, Screamin Eagle Band & Rob Tromp – 7 pm – Peter Pinho welcomes Joey Fatone to PPRN Radio. The boy band icon and stage/screen/TV star has a new project as the spokesperson for the Wocket® smart wallet, created by NXT-ID of Oxford, CT. What’s a smart wallet, and how did Joey Fatone get involved with this? Well, you’ll have to tune in as Peter and the gang talk it up with this show biz favorite!
Also, tonight is the first in a new series of live concerts featuring the best indie bands, broadcast exclusively via PPRN Radio. Kicking off the fun is the Screamin Eagle Band, which will present their best tunes in a full-throttle concert that you can only hear via PPRN.
Plus, our actor pal Rob Tromp is back to update on his latest projects and to share details of the arrival of his new baby daughter. And funnyman Peter Angelo and the anything-but-quotidian Phil Hall are around to keep the show moving. It’s all like – uncensored, unscripted and unapologetic – on PPRNLiveRadio.com.
Wednesday November 18, 2015
- Buckcherry, Saving Abel, Full Devil Jacket, Patrick James Band – 6:00 pm – The Chance, 6 Crannell St., Poughkeepsie, NY, US
- PPRN Presents Roman Vangeli in a special interactive video event + a concert with The Ritzy Chickens – 7 pm – Peter Pinho hosts a very different and exciting PPRN Radio episode: Roman Vangeli returns to the show for a first-ever video live streaming presentation. The PPRN audience from around the world will have the opportunity to watch the video of the show in real time on Vangeli Entertainment’s YouTube Channel. They will also have the opportunity to call the station’s open telephone lines 203-992-7776 and pose questions to actor/model/filmmaker Roman Vangeli and discuss his multi-faceted career in the entertainment business. Roman is expected to talk about the pre-production status of his first full-length feature movie, “Redemption After Death.” Joining him in that discussion will be Angel Connell, the movie’s screenwriter, producer, and co-director. Roman will alsunveil the details behind what he calls his “Home Invasion Tour.”
Plus, the PPRN concert series continues with The Ritzy Chickens, offering their distinctive brand of musical mayhem.
And PPRN regulars DJ Maxx and Phil Hall are also in the mix. It’s all happening live – uncensored, unscripted and unapologetic – on PPRNLiveRadio.com.
Friday November 20, 2015
- The Rocket Queens, Schools Out (Alice Cooper Trib), Hellride 102, Strive – 7:30 pm – The Chance, 6 Crannell St., Poughkeepsie, NY, US
- Shakedown & The Remnants – 8 pm – 41 Bridge Street Live 41 Bridge St, Collinsville, Connecticut 06019 – Shakedown is a Connecticut based band that has been performing their unique version of a Grateful Dead Concert since 1987. Although Shakedown features wonderful three-part harmonies, and variable jams that reflect the band members’ special chemistry, they are first and foremost a “dance band” that has garnered an unbelievably loyal following of fans over the years. Shakedown has been performing regularly at Toad’s Place in New Haven since 1995 and at almost every major music venue in Southern New England, including yearly main stage performances at The Strange Creek Campout and Wormtown Music Festival. Shakedown fans know that they can always expect a high-energy show from the band…from “Truckin” to “Touch of Grey,” expect to “dance till you drop!”
Since 2009, the Remnants have been a growing force in the music industry. Each member is influenced by a different musical genre and are brought together by their continued love of performing. Four year Gathering of the Vibes veterans, The Remnants have also taken the stage at venues such as the 2013 and 2014 Woodstock Reunion at Yasgur’s Farm, and the Legendary Toad’s Place. In 2014, the band recorded and released their debut album, simply titled “The Remnants”. The band’s mix of original material with their unique take on cover material provides an unforgettable and exciting experience at every show.
Tickets are $20 for General Admission, $30 for VIP, and can be purchased online at 41bridgestreet.com or by calling 860.693.9762.
- Crossroads Rocks the Slanted Shanty – 9 pm – Slanted Shanty 1169 Meriden Waterbury Tpke, Plantsville, Connecticut 06479 – Join Crossroads for the Ultimate Southern Rock Experience at the Slanted Shanty in the Plantsville Section on Southington on Friday, 11/20! Opening for Crossroads will be special guests Far from Here. Come out for this great night of live music and double-bill!
- Black Knights Castle Rocks Cooks – 10pm – Cook’s Cafe 203 Church St, Naugatuck, Connecticut 06770 – It’s the return of Black Knight’s Castle, featuring guitarist Joe Stump featuring metal guitar virtuoso Joe Stump at Cook’s Cafe!!!
A night of Ritchie Blackmore’s greatest hits, riffs and deep cuts from his work with Gillan, Dio, Coverdale and more!!
DO NOT MISS THIS SHOW!!!
Black Knight’s Castle is:
Joe Stump – guitars
Andre Vanchot – vocals
Jay Rigney – bass
Jeff Hale – drums
Saturday November 21, 2015
- Hey Hey It’s MONKEE ! – The COME TOGETHER MEGA MUSIC FEST celebrates the magical music
of some of your favorite artists! Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center 1657 Worcester Rd, Framingham, Massachusetts 01701 Showtime is 8:00 PM to Midnight on Saturday, November 21st! Included with show admission!
We are very proud to welcome the Monkees Legend, Peter Tork, and Monkees songwriter, Bobby Hart, to Super Mega Fest this November! Peter and Bobby will be meeting folks signing autographs and performing a few of their signature hits at our fantastic Come Together concert on Saturday night!
- Crossing Rubicon CD release party 12 pm – Bleachers Bar 300 Middle St, Bristol, Connecticut 06010 – Crossing Rubicon is celebrating the release of our first full length album NO LESS THAN EVERYTHING , and we are going to be throwing one of the biggest local Connecticut metal festival shows EVER!!!!! This record is 2 years in the making, and we are celebrating its release with some of our biggest friends through our musical career. There are so many bands in Connecticut that really helped make us who we are today, and we want to celebrate with them, and of course all of our fans. Be There!! No less than everything, #lightsonlightsout
Tickets in advance $10
Pop, Rock & Doo Wopp Live! at the Warner Theatre – 8 pm – Warner Theatre 68 Main St, Torrington, Connecticut 06790 – Click warnertheatre.org/buy-now or call (860) 489-7180. Starring…
Sonny Turner (Former Lead Singer of the Platters)
“Only You”, “Twilight Time”, “The Great Pretender”, “Smoke Gets in Your Eyes”, “My Prayer”, “The Magic Touch”, “With This Ring”
Shirley Alston Reeves, original lead singer of The Shirelles “Will You Love Me Tomorrow”, “Soldier Boy”, “Mama Said”
“You Belong to Me”, “Have You Heard”, “Why Don’t You Believe Me”, “My Own True Love”
The Flamingos starring Terry Johnson
“I Only Have Eyes for You”, “Lovers Never Say Goodbye”, “Mio Amore”
Jimmy Beaumont & The Skyliners
“Since I Don’t Have You”, “This I Swear”, “Pennies From Heaven”, “It Happened Today”
and Stan Zizka’s Del-Satins
singing all the hits they recorded with Dion, “Runaround Sue”, “The Wanderer” and “Ruby Baby” plus their own “Teardrops Follow Me”
Hosted by Emil Stucchio of The Classics. A limited number of VIP tickets include a post-show meet & greet with the stars.
Presented by Praia Entertainment Groups
- BREATHE Returns to Allstars – 9:45 pm – Allstars Rock Bar 119 Spencer St, Manchester, Connecticut 06040 – Breathe Nation, we make our triumphant return east of the river to rip the roof off none other than Allstars Sports Bar in Manchester. Come out and spend a night rocking out with your rooster out as we play our final full on in your face show of the 2K15 Sinister Tour. Get there early for great food and drink specials all night. Raise the horns!
- Island Head Reggae – 7pm -Live at The Falcon 1348 Route 9W, Marlboro, New York 12542These Allstars have won Grammys, played on, arranged, produced and written hit songs, appeared on television, in movies and toured the world.
The band and features legendary reggae guitarists, Mikey ‘Mao’ Chung (Peter Tosh/Bob Marley) and Andy Bassford (Toots/Rihanna/Shaggy), Timmy Cappello (Tina Turner/Ringo Starr)/Sax, David Frank (Clapton/Winwood/The System)/Keys, Don Harris (Allman Bros/Tower of Power)/Trumpet, Jeff Ganz (Johnny Winter/Lou Reed)/Bass and leader, Billy Messinetti/Drums.
Their debut album, “Punky Reggae Party” comprises compositions by Bob Marley with unique grooves and arrangements. The album was featured on SiriusXM’s THE JOINT for over two years. Midnight Raver Blog chose the album as one of the 25 Best Reggae Albums of 2013. The live show includes classic American vocal tunes “Reggae Style”, along with classic Jamaican reggae.
Island Head is for people who love reggae music, jambands, and appreciate the spontenaety of live interaction.
Support the local musicians – keep the music alive for the next generation. If you would like articles like this delivered right to your inbox please subscribe to the author.