The Heartland Men’s Chorus presents “A Little Bit Wicked” at the Folly Theatre Saturday June 13 and Sunday June 14. Crown Center hosts the Crown Center Antique Festival on Saturday and Sunday at Crown Center Square., Heritage Philharmonic presents “Music of America” at the Truman Library in Independence on Saturday. Lily Tomlin appears on stage at the Kauffman Performing Arts Center at 16th and Broadway. Sunday the Big Gay Picnic will take place at Penn Valley Park. The Dragon Boat Festival takes place on Saturday at Brush Creek on the Country Club Plaza and the Dog-n-Jog takes place in the Plaza on Sunday.
Theater June 12 through June 14:
- Barn Players: 6219 Martway, Mission, “Six Degrees of Separation,” closes June 14.
- Chestnut Fine Arts Center: 234 N. Chestnut, Olathe, “Church Basement Ladies,” closes June 28.
- City Theatre of Independence: 201 N. Dodgion, “Seussical,” closes June 14.
- Folly Theatre: 300 W 12th, “A Little Bit Wicked,” closes June 14.
- Goppert Theatre: Avila College, “MotherFreakingHood!, “closes June 14.
- Hotel Phillips: 106 W. 12, “The Dinner Detective Murder Mystery Show,” closes Oct. 10.
- H&R Block City Stage Theater: Union Station, “The Princess and the Pea,” closes June 26.
- Just Off Broadway Theatre: 3051 Central, “The Taste Test,” closes June 27.
- Living Room Theater: 1818 McGee, “On an Average Day,” closes June 28.
- Metropolitan Ensemble Theatre: 3614 Main, “The Full Monty,” closes June 14.
- Missie B’s: 805 W. 39, “The Birds,” closes June 14.
- Musical Theater Heritage: Crown Center, “Jesus Christ Superstar,” closes June 21.
- Mystery Train Dinner Theater: Various locations, “Hold Up on Dead Man’s Creek,” closes June 13.
- New Theater Restaurant: 9229 Foster, Overland Park, “Hairspray,” closes July 12.
- Olathe Civic Theatre: 500 E. Loula, Olathe, “The Summerland Project,” closes June 21.
- Quality Hill Playhouse: 303 W. 10, “Judy, Barbara, Liza,” closes July 12.
- Unicorn Theatre: 3828 Main, “Tribes,” closes June 28.
Aftershock Bar is located at 5244 Merriam Dr. in Merriam, Kan. Friday night at 6 p.m., the club features Sounds Like Summer for all ages. Saturday night at8:30 p.m. World League Entertainment Presents: Summer Bash with Senr, Tipper Da Great, Family Tied, Ant Rice & Weirdo, Dark Boyz, Big Vee & Hardkore Entertainment, and Pen II Life.
Davey’s Uptown Ramblers Club is located just south of downtown at 3402 Main in Kansas City. On Friday night at 9 p.m., Better Ideas and Cost of Desire take the stage. On Saturday at 8 p.m., the club features Man Club, Jared Bond and the Tornadoes, and Mime Game.
Kelly’s Westport Inn located at 500 Westport Road, in the Westport Entertainment District. Friday the club will feature on stage Old No. 5’s on the stage at 10 p.m. At 10 p.m. on Saturday night, Flannigan’s Right Hook takes the main stage. Kelly’s Westport Inn has an outdoor dining and drinking area located on the rooftop of the business.
The Record Bar is located at 1020 Westport Road in the Westport Entertainment District. Friday night the club presents Soul Revival at 7 p.m. and at 10 p.m., John Veighe and Prodigal Sons, Squids KC, and Silver Maggies take the stage. On Saturday at 7 p.m., the club features Man in the Ring and Old Sound and at 9:45 p.m. Josh Berwanger Band, Psychic Heat, and Drop a Grand take the stage.
The Riot Room is located just north of Westport Rd. and Broadway at 4048 Broadway. On Friday at 11 p.m., De Lux and Various Bands take the stage. Saturday at 10 p.m. Gazzo, Half Dead Bear, and Moody J. Wamp are featured.
The Uptown Arts Bar is located at 3611 Broadway in the Valentine Shopping District. On Friday, at 7 p.m., the club features Girl 2 Girl Social and at 9 p.m., Speakeasy Electrosexual is featured. On Saturday at 12 p.m., the club hosts Improv classes with Chess with a Death, at 7 p.m. the club features Riverfront Readings at 10 p.m. Niche with Meta Hi-Fi and The Billy Bats live music.