Although the jury is still out regarding the appearance and removal of cellulite, that cottage cheese-like texture that forms on some people’s butts and thighs, one expert claims that it can be controlled and even reduce in time for this year’s holiday season. His name is Georgios Tzenichristos, a self-professed cellulite specialist who shared his 12 tips on how to prevent and reduce cellulite naturally in a press release received today, Sept. 27. His findings, he says, are based on his 15-year experience in treating cellulite. Georgios credentials include the directorship of LipoTherapeia, London’s only dedicated anti-cellulite clinic and manufacturer of Celluence® creams, which they claim are the only cellulite creams with the 40 most important anti-cellulite natural actives.
According to Georgios, “Cellulite affects the majority of women after the age of 30 and many media publish inaccurate or irrelevant advice on how to reduce it, such as body brushing, rubbing coffee beans on the thighs or wearing special trainers, but here’s the real skinny:”
Take up interval training: Interval running, swimming and cycling boosts metabolism and changes the body’s biochemistry more than any other type of exercise
- Take to the hills: walking is an excellent, mild on the knees, form of interval training, which allows you to enjoy nature while you tone up and burn fat
- Drink lots of juice, vegetable juices contain highly concentrated plant chemicals, most of which fight cellulite, with almost no calories
- Do vibration plate training to stimulate skin firming and circulation and thereby fights cellulite
- Eat some protein: Skin is made of protein and the fact is that most women do not have enough protein today, leading to skin looseness and cellulite
- Take up kneading massage movements alternated by long upward strokes improve poor circulation and help break down fibrous tissue, both important aspects of cellulite
- Get some help from mother nature: Several plant extracts and nutrients are proven to help fight multiple aspects of cellulite, including escin (from horse chestnut), asiatic acid (from gotu kola), caffeine, forskolin (from coleus), ascorbic acid and retinol, among many others. Creams with high concentrations of those extracts can offer valuable help in the fight against cellulite. The Celluence® creams contain a total of 40x natural actives, in high concentrations, for maximum results.
- Lose the sugar which is the number one cause of cellulite today and it is not good for the rest of your body either. Eliminate sugar, agave syrup, high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) and honey to help prevent cellulite.
- Go decaf (never for this beauty writer) decaffeinated tea, green tea and coffee, as well as cocoa, contain high amounts of polyphenols which help fight cellulite without the burden of oral caffeine consumption (localised caffeine application if fine)
- Move, inactivity is a major cause of cellulite and can turn nice, firm, smooth skin into a mushy, bumpy look in just a few months. Try to go for a walk at lunchtime, take up dancing and undo the damage office works causes by hitting the gym, the pool or the road with your trainers, after work.
- Lose the “pill”: Hormonal contraception is one of the top three causes of cellulite today, together with inactivity and sugar intake. Excess estrogen, contained in the pill, boosts superficial fat accumulation and cellulite on the thighs.
- Get some help from technology: Radiofrequency and ultrasound cavitation are two technologies proven to lead to adipocyte apoptosis. i.e. the removal of fat cells from the area they are applied. Furthermore, monopolar radiofrequency is widely established as the strongest skin firming technology known today. Meso-CRF® treatment combines these technologies with electro-mesotherapy and 40x natural anti-cellulite actives, for maximum results.
- Maintain a good weight healthy weight.
If you are plagued with cellulite you might want to click here for gobs of tips, research updates and expert information on cellulite. You can also contact Georgios on +44 20 7118 2014 or through email. Be sure to watch the Amy Schumer video.