Seven of the eight event leaders held firm in the third weekend of competition (May 23-24) in the annual Florida State Women’s Bowling Association’s championship tournament in Pinellas County.
According to the updated, unofficial standings, the only change that took place atop the leaderboard last weekend was in scratch doubles, where Teresa Blankenship and Bonnie Wright of Zephyrhills moved ahead with a score of 1,404, and the duo also attained the runner-up position in handicap doubles with 1,494.
Jennifer Hernandez of Tampa is the only two-event leader, being No. 1 in scratch all-events with a nine-game pinfall of 2,065 (a 229.4 average), and she is a member of the Team Work team that has the top four-player scratch total of 2,441..
Sandy Kelly of Spring Hill remains the handicap all-events leader with a 2,241 pinfall, while still leading the singles events are Phyllis Chapman of Lake Dora (808 handicap) and Tiffany Crosby of Tampa 736 scratch). And the top handicap team score remains the 2,910 rolled by The Misfits of Mount Dora.
Among bowlers representing the Sarasota-Manatee-Charlotte County area, Alison Shedrow of Parrish and Janet Romig of Osprey are eighth in scratch doubles (1,158), Wendy Perna of Sarasota is sixth in handicap all-events (2,206). and Jennifer Peacock of North Port is ninth in scratch all-events (1,828). Two area teams are in the No. 8 position: SRQ Friends #2 (2,792 handicap) and Team Osprey (2,078 scratch).
Following are the top three in each event, plus any Sarasota-Manatee-Charlotte entrants in the Top 50 in handicap events and Top 10 in scratch events. And for a more-extensive look at the leaderboard, click here.
- TEAM HANDICAP: 1, Mis-Fits (Mount Dora) 2,910; 2, Gr Tampa (Tampa) 2,849; 3, The Alley Cats (Lakeland) 2,843; 8, SRQ Friends #2 (Sarasota) 2,792; 16, SRQ Friends No. 1 (Sarasota) 2,755; 22, Myakka Heating & Cooling (Sarasota) 2,739; 42, Bowling Minions (Sarasota) 2,691; 46, 121 Goats (Sarasota) 2,686.
- TEAM SCRATCH: 1, Team Work (Tampa) 2,441; 2, Proline Bowling Supply (St. Petersburg) 2,414; 3, Strike Away (Spring Hill) 2,275; tie 8, Team Osprey (Osprey) 2,078.
- DOUBLES HANDICAP: 1, Renata Robinette and Kim-Ann Britt (Tampa) 1,503; 2, Teresa Blankenship and Bonnie Wright (Zephyrhills) 1,494; 3, Carol Hintze and Bonnie Taylor (Melbourne) 1,491; 29, Vandy Palazzo and Wendy Brown (Sarasota) 1,416; 34, Linda Anderson and Lindsay Powell (Sarasota) 1,408; tie 35, Karen Shaffer and Wendy Perna (Sarasota) 1,407; tie 39, Billie Huff and Cyndi Forgeur (Sarasota) 1,404; tie 46, Darlene Fisher and Mattie Miller (Sarasota) 1,398.
- DOUBLES SCRATCH: 1, Teresa Blankenship and Bonnie Wright (Zephyrhills) 1,404; 2, Shaye Vasturo and Melissa Ramirez (Davie) 1,377; 3, Amanda Flood and Allison Korcak (Tampa) 1,290; 8, Alison Shedrow (Parrish) and Janet Romig (Osprey) 1,158.
- SINGLES HANDICAP: 1, Phyllis Chapman (Mount Dora) 808; 2, Deborah Foley (Spring Hill) 801; 3, Judith Fincher (Dunedin) 783; tie 22, Wendy Brown (Sarasota) 751.
- SINGLES SCRATCH: 1,Tiffany Crosby (Tampa) 736; 2, Jennifer Hernandez (Tampa) 694; 3, Stephanie Parsolano (Spring Hill) 692.
- ALL-EVENTS HANDICAP: 1, Sandy Kelley (Spring Hill) 2,241; 2, Michelle Snyder (Clearwater) 2,241; 3, Kim-Ann Britt (Tampa) 2,225; 6, Wendy Perna (Sarasota) 2,206; tie 13, Lisa Farnsworth (Sarasota) 2,183; 24, Wendy Brown (Sarasota) 2,150.
- ALL-EVENTS SCRATCH: 1, Jennifer Hernandez (Tampa) 2,065; 2, Melissa Ramirez (Davie) 1,984; 3, Shaye Vasturo (Davie) 1,967; 9, Jennifer Peacock (North Port) 1,828.
[You may subscribe to Bill Herald’s atombash.com bowling columns — free of charge — by clicking on “Subscribe To Author” near the bottom of the article, after which you will receive e-mail notification each time a new item is published.]