Small businesses have to do a lot of things right if they want to be successful. They have to have the right product or service. They need to market their business effectively. They also need to control the costs that they can. A smart small business will always be looking for ways to do things that can achieve two goals. They want things that can do things better than they are being currently done and they want to find ways that can do these things cheaper.
When it comes to having a successful small business, communication is a very important factor. Employees need to be able to contact each other, they need to be able to reach out to customers and to vendors, and customers need to be able to contact the business. Big businesses have dedicated phone systems in place that are very sophisticated. They also require a significant investment in the technology needed to keep them going. A small business may not want to consider that type of expense, but that does not mean that cannot use the same features to help them become more successful. A solution may lie in a VoIP phone system. It is a much more cost effective way to allow for the communications that a small business needs.
What is the VoIP System?
VoIP is short for voice over internet protocol. It involves using the internet to allow people to communicate through a variety of methods. Many people may think that VoIP can only be used for voice calls, but it can actually accomplish much more. There are many features that allow a small business to create a phone system that will rival the bigger and much more expensive phone systems that the big businesses have created. When the features of this type of phone system are used effectively, it can allow a small business a lot of flexibility and the ability to appear much larger than they actually are.
Using the Features of VoIP Systems
Small businesses may be using VoIP systems, but they may not be taking advantage of the best features that can be found. A smart small business will make sure they are utilizing the following features to get the most out of their VoIP phone system.
• Conferencing – The better a small business can communicate with their employees and their customers, the more successful they will be. Conference calling through VoIP services is a cost effective way to bring groups of people together. There are many different apps that are either low cost or free that will allow a small business to utilize this feature.
• Voicemail to Email – This feature will take any voice mail that is left on a VoIP system to be transcribed into an email. It often allows for a small business to respond to the voice mail faster and to have a written record of the message that was left.
• Automated Attendant – This is a great feature that is often underutilized by small businesses. The feature allows for calls to be routed automatically to the right person. An automated greeter will provide a menu of options to a caller that allows them to choose where to be directed. It makes a small business appear like the big companies.
• Find me/Follow me – This feature is great for small business where the people are always on the go. It allows a call to be directed to a person even if they are not in the place the phone call was originally placed to. Instead of going to voicemail when a person is not at their desk, it will go to different numbers to reach that individual. That means phone calls are missed less often.
• Do Not Disturb – Small businesses at times need to be out of the office. This feature allows them to stop calls from coming though at certain times of the day or night. It can be sued to set hours where the phones will work or the phones can be blocked for periods of time. For a small business, it may be necessary to prevent any distractions from phone calls and this feature can accomplish that.
These are some of the best features that small businesses can take advantage of when they turn to a VoIP system for their phones. There are plenty of others, including call waiting music, mobility, call screening and door phone entry that some businesses may find useful. A smart small business will find a VoIP service that will help them discover all of the tools and that will help them determine and understand the ones that will help the business the most. It can help a small business work like the big ones and that could be the key to their success.