What are False Eyelashes?
False eyelashes are basically designed to be worn for an entire day or maybe less. False eyelashes can be made of synthetic hair or human hair. These are applied to give your eyelashes a fuller look.
Fake eyelashes are not to be worn when sleeping, swimming or in the shower. They are applied using glue to your natural eyelashes. Generally, one eyelash is applied to each of your natural lash.
Fake eyelashes are available as individual hairs or strips. The individual hairs are applied one-by-one to the eyelids while the strip is applied directly. You can pick whichever suits you best.
Why We Love it?
Thicker and longer eyelashes are a sign of beauty. Women use false eyelashes to enhance their beauty. Particularly those who have weak eyelashes resort to this alternative. It is an easy and quick solution to their problems of weaker eyelashes. Also, once properly applied, false eyelashes look natural and very beautiful. They are temporary so they can be removed as well. The expense of surgery and expensive cosmetics is not involved.
Things We Need for Applying False Eyelashes
You need the following things to apply false eyelashes:
- Scissors. You can use the scissors to trim the eyelashes if they seem unnaturally long on your face. If you are using an eyelash strip, the scissors can be used to trim the strip so that it is the right size.
- Tweezers. The tweezers are particularly useful when applying individual eyelash. They are used to hold the eyelashes in place while the glue dries.
- Glue. You need an adhesive to hold the false eyelashes in place, right? Glue is used in most cases. It is applied to the roots of the false eyelashes before they are applied to the eyelids.
Steps to Apply False Eyelashes
1. Choosing the Eyelashes
This first factor you need to consider is the color of the eyelashes. The false eyelashes must have roughly the same shade as that of your natural eyelashes. Otherwise, they will look unnatural and fake. Next, you must check the length and width of the eyelashes. The fake eyelashes tend to be long to give a dramatic effect. But this look will not be ideal for daytime. Select eyelashes that are just the right length, neither too long nor too short. Strip eyelashes may be wider than your eyelid. Hold the fake eyelashes up to your eyelids to determine the right size of the strip. Also, when choosing strip eyelashes, consider the shape of your eyelid as well; the eyelash strip must be complementary to the shape of your eyelids. Otherwise, the fake eyelashes will not look natural.
2. Measure the Eyelashes
Hold the eyelashes up to your eyes. The eyelashes must not look too long. If they do, trim the eyelashes in length. If the eyelash strip is too long, then trim the eyelashes in width so that they fit your eyelids. Remember, too long eyelashes will look good at nighttime but not the day.
3. Prepare the Eyes and the Eyelashes
Your eyelashes and eyelids must not have any makeup at the time of application of false eyelashes. Use a makeup remover if necessary to remove makeup and/or mascara. Clean your eyelids and eyelashes thoroughly, wash your face and dry it gently. Use the best eyelash curler to curl your natural eyelashes. Conceal your natural eyelash roots with the help of a black liner; liquid or pencil would do. Now your eyes are ready.
4. Apply the False Eyelashes
If you are using individual eyelashes then:
- Pour a few drops of glue on to a hard surface.
- Use tweezers to individually dip the root of each eyelash into the glue.
- Using the tweezers, bring the eyelash to your eye. Start from the outer corner of the eye and move inwards. Hold the eyelash in place for a few seconds.
- Apply the false eyelashes as close as possible to the real eyelashes so that they can blend together.
- Make clusters at the corners of the eyes and in areas where your natural eyelashes are sparse.
If you are using strip eyelashes then:
- Apply the glue to a hard surface.
- Gently rub the strip of the false eyelashes along the glue.
- Bring the eyelash strip to your eyelid, and place it as close as possible to your natural eyelashes.
- Hold the strip in the right place for a few seconds.
- Allow the glue to dry naturally. You can use a cotton bud to push the eyelashes in the right place before the glue dries.
5. Finish the Makeup
After a few minutes, when you are sure that the false eyelashes are properly attached to your eyelids, you can apply the rest of the makeup to your eyes. After applying eyeshades, apply a liquid liner to blend the roots of the eyelashes and to hide any glue that may be visible. Use mascara to blend the eyelashes together. This finishes with a natural look.
Possible Side Effects of False Eyelashes
The false eyelashes are applied with glue. They are applied very close to the natural eyelashes. As mentioned previously, you must take them off before going to bed, therefore you have to regularly remove and re-apply false eyelashes. The glue that is used may attach to the natural eyelashes, damaging them. Removing the fake eyelashes may pull and remove your natural eyelashes from the roots.
It is more important to sustain your natural beauty than to enhance it artificially. The glue used for applying fake eyelashes damages your natural eyelashes. It is better to resort to other methods to improving the volume of your eyelashes such as using serums or oils, improving diet and taking supplements. These methods naturally boost the growth of your eyelashes.