In just about 10 days time, Helen Woodward Animal Center (HWAC) conduct its decadent 27th Annual Spring Fling Gala. This year’s theme is ‘An Evening on the Boardwalk.’
New details have just been released about this June 6th happening. Although every detail is exciting to the lucky attendees, a few are definitely in the spotlight.
Some recently acquired once-in-a-lifetime auction prizes will be up for bids. This includes meetings with NASCAR driver Ryan Newman, Oscar Award-Winning Film Icon Diane Keaton and Bill Nye the Science Guy!
The dinner is also going to be quite an event since twenty of the top restaurants in San Diego will be participating in this year’s Gala. The participants are certainly famous for their food, but did you know that they participate because they are animal advocates and believe in the great work HWAC does?
To add to all of that fun and excitement, the orphaned animals looking for their forever home will be featured in “On the Boardwalk” fashions. Who will be able to resist the little darlings?
An Evening on the Boardwalk will be presented by EDCO. This elegant event of the season has always been known for its five-star experience and its one-of-a-kind auctions items. This year promises to be the best yet!
The Gala Committee is being headed by Committee Chair Mia S. Park of Ranch and Coast Magazine. The Honorary Chairs include Ed and Sandy Burr, the owners of EDCO. Together the trio will host the black-tie evening that is being designed to transport guests to the glamour and romance of seaside celebrations gone-by.
As guests arrive for the event that begins at 5:30 p.m. and lasts until Midnight at the Fairbanks Village Plaza in Rancho Santa Fe, California, they will stroll through whimsical summers past enjoying cocktails and hors d’oeuvres. They will also have the opportunity to meet fuzzy VIPs and participate in the silent auction.
As the boardwalk lights shine brighter as the sun begins to set, attendees will enjoy a dinner of taste-portioned classic and innovative dishes from more the than 20 top San Diego restaurants. After dinner, the impressive list of celebrity culinary judges will announce the Best Hors D’ Oeuvre, the Best Entrée and the Best Dessert of the evening.
After the dinner portion of the evening is complete, guests will dance the night away while enjoying hosted bars, live entertainment and an opportunity drawing to win one of two extraordinary Wine Cellars (one valued at $1,000 and the other valued at $2,000). The cellars include 90+ point “Outstanding” grade red and white bottles of wine.
The “live” auction will continue to provide waves of excitement to the evening – especially since these new glittering prize packages have been acquired:
· A VIP Event Package for Two to The Planetary Society 35th Anniversary Celebration including a two-night hotel stay in Pasadena, an evening reception at the Huntington Library, solar viewing and exhibits, a special ceremony to unveil the new Planetary Society building, a dinner reception & program with featured speakers Bill Nye and Neil deGrasse Tyson, PLUS, a personal introduction to Bill Nye “The Science Guy”!
· A Tahoe Vacation for Four including a five night stay for four in a 2 bedroom villa at Welk Resorts in Lake Tahoe with a flight for four on 8-seater private jet
· A Weekend Getaway at The Lodge at Torrey Pines + BMW Performance Package including a dinner for two at their top-rated A.R. Valentien restaurant and the opportunity to use a BMW 6 Series convertible for the weekend, PLUS a BMW Performance Driving Experience on the Thermal Club’s exclusive, private motor-sports track in Palm Springs. (Donated by BMW Encinitas and The Lodge at Torrey Pines)
· A “Need for Speed” NASCAR Package for Two with a once-in-a-lifetime trip to the Auto Club 400 Speedway in Fontana, CA including hot passes to experience the thrill of the race right from the pit and a meet & greet with NASCAR driver Ryan Newman.
· A Two Hour Private Lunch with Oscar Award-Winning Film Icon Diane Keaton for the winner and five of their friends.
· A Park Avenue Penthouse Getaway including 5 days in a four bedroom private residence with panoramic views of Central Park in exclusive Manhattan.
· A One-Week Stay at Ko Olina Resort on Oahu, Hawaii including a 3 bedroom, 3 bath condo in the Beach Tower with sweeping ocean and mountain views, as well as 1.5 miles of white sandy beaches.
· And many more!!!…………..
Tickets to this great event are still available, but are going fast! Tickets are available at the Silver, Gold and Platinum levels which range from $250 to $500 per ticket. Various special amenities are included at each level such as the fact that the Platinum level seating includes a true VIP experience from private dining and bar service, two bottles of fine wine and an artisan cheeseboard for each table, a chocolate and port pairing digestif, priority check-in/out, valet service, a charming Boardwalk souvenir and an exclusive VIP gift for each guest. Who would want to miss out on all of that?
For more information or to purchase tickets to this HWAC 27th Annual Spring Fling Gala, contact Kelly Rumsey at 858-756-4117 x350 orKellyR@animalcenter.org but do so soon before time runs out!