Scarecrows may be funny enough on their own, but a little Halloween humor can be fun. Ditching all the traditional Halloween death imagery, here are 21 corny, cute, or quirky scarecrow jokes. Some are original, while others are old favorites that have been passed around for many years. Try these riddles on friends and family members, and find out how everyone does at solving them. For etiquette’s sake, these are all clean, family-friendly scarecrow jokes that are not likely to frighten or alarm even the most courtesy-conscious folks.
1. Where was the scarecrow born?
He came out of left field.
2. Why doesn’t the scarecrow eat much?
He’s already stuffed.
3. How did the scarecrow win the city art contest?
He drew straws.
4. Who stole the scarecrow?
The first little pig.
5. How did the scarecrow die?
He caught the bird flu.
6. What did the farmer say to the scarecrow?
I’ll keep you posted.
7. What did the scarecrow say when he broke up with his girlfriend?
That’s the last straw, honey.
8. Why did the scarecrow’s next girlfriend dump him?
She found out he was playing the field.
9. Why did the scarecrow have plastic surgery?
He wanted to get rid of his crows’ feet.
10. How did the scarecrow get out of jail?
His bale was posted.
11. For what position did the charity hire the scarecrow?
To be their poster child.
12. Why were the news reporters interviewing the scarecrow?
Because he was willing to field their questions.
13. What did the scarecrow say at Woodstock?
14. What is the scarecrow’s favorite Thanksgiving dish?
He likes his stuffing.
15. Why does a scarecrow never apologize?
Because he cannot eat crow.
16. Why is the scarecrow skinny?
It’s all in his jeans.
17. How did the scarecrow get elected President?
They took a straw poll.
18. How did the scarecrow win the marathon?
He ran post-haste.
19. Why was the scarecrow nominated in the first place?
He was outstanding in his field.
20. How did the scarecrow style his hair?
In corn rows.
21. Why was the scarecrow booed off the stage?
He told corny jokes.
Is anyone scared yet? Even crows may not flee at the sight of some scarecrows. However, a sturdy supply of corny scarecrow jokes may just do the trick. These Halloween scarecrow riddles are suitable for polite company and may even bring smiles from the most stoic.