15 TRENDS THAT NEED TO DIE!
There are many trends that we love and cannot seem to get enough of. Some of these trends have been under scrutiny for 2015, and we just cannot seem to part ways with them. Cosmopolitan magazine has suggested that for 2015, these beauty trends should die and be buried this season.
1. The side shaved head. Instead create this look by adding volume to your hair on one side.
2. Forced waves and hard spiral curls. To achieve a wavy and loose curl look, use a flatiron or large barrel waving iron.
3. Heavy contouring. Skip the strong stripe down the nose and try a lighter shadowing by using bronzer to match your skin.
4. Fan like lashes. Opt for natural looking lashes. Use a few coats of mascara if you’re not wearing false lashes.
5.Over drawn lips. Instead outline the natural lip line and apply lipstick or gloss.
6. Genie ponytail. I know ladies and some gents we love this look BUT instead try a low to the nape or center ponytail for a sleeker look.
7. Raccoon eye shadow. Sometimes this can look as if you just left a boxing match. Use a subtle smoky eye technique to achieve the smoldering eye affect.
8. Sharp, boxy brows that are over-filled and square at the beginning. Instead, use a pencil, brow wax or eye shadow to create a natural looking brow using light strokes
9. Ombre hair. Natural highlights are in this season. This is one trend I am going to truly miss.
10. Side swept hair with cornrows. Take the cornrows out and pin hair back on one side instead.
11.Forehead braids. Wear a headband.
12. Black lipstick. Hues of deep berry and purple make lips pop!
13. Over done eye shadow. Try using shadow just on the lids.
14. Oversized hair buns. Buns can still be worn, but just a lot less smaller.
15. Pointed talon nails. Square and round nails create a clean polished look for hands.
Spring and Summer Nail Color
Nails are getting a burst of color SpringSummer 2015. The colors of the rainbow are now showing up on nail beds this season. Colors for the spring are bright, bold and beautiful. The hottest nail colors for Spring resemble a crayon box of colors in hues of apple green, lemon yellow, metallic blue, cherry red and bright orange. According to INSTYLE magazine, these colors are illuminating nail beds everywhere and will be the hottest trend for the spring and summer season.
BY: COURTNEY RASHON