There are many online learning resources which make education easy and fun for students. Many study apps are available for students and they reduce the stress of students in many ways. Some of the study apps reduce exam stress and some other apps help students get good habits like self-control, briskness, organization and planning.
It is a common tendency among students to procrastinate their study schedules and delay their assignments and homework tasks. They need some app to bring self-control in them so as not to lengthen their homework schedules and complete the tasks on time.
Getting up early in the morning and doing physical exercises gives energy to both body and mind. Early rising has turned out to be a missing factor in many students and they need an alarm clock to wake them up every morning. They can start the day with a study app that allows them to stop the alarm clock only after solving a Math problem.
Exam stress occurs mostly due to lack of organizational skills and lack of proper revision. A study app can help students organize their study material and use flash cards and other necessary material for remembering the facts and figures in subjects.
Here are 12 study apps that help students learn with ease and develop good study habits.
1. SelfControl – Students get distracted through a message from social media websites in the middle of their learning. SelfControl is a study app which allows one to block certain websites for a particular period of time. A student is not able to access these websites before the set time.
2. Maths Alarm Clock – Maths Alarm Clock is another tool for students’ self-control. This app allows the students to turn off the alarm clock only after they solve a Math problem. Working out a Math sum in the morning gives energy to mind and makes students work well throughout the day.
3. Sleep If U Can – Sleep If U Can is one more app that does not allow students to stay in bed for a long time. Students have to take a photo of any particular space in their room in order to turn off the alarm in the app.
4. Babylon – Babylon helps students learn new languages without struggle. It is an online translator for more than 75 languages. It has a flash card tool that keeps track of the vocabulary which students require while mastering a new language.
5. The Oxford Dictionary – The Oxford Dictionary App is essential for finding out the meaning of a word for which students don’t know the meaning. It is highly beneficial for students in class hours when they struggle to catch up with the meaning of the words which are uttered by their lecturers.
6. RealCalc Scientific Calculator – Scientific Calculator is useful for students who need all the functionality of a scientific calculator. This app is ideal for mathematical or scientific problems.
7. TED – TED presents talks of influential people like educators, business gurus, tech experts, legends of music and medical experts. This app provides food for thought.
8. JumpCut – JumpCut gives access to the text which students have cut and pasted to the clipboard. Students can save much of their time in writing class essays by using this educational app.
9. Sworkit – Sworkit helps students in planning physical exercises in a short time. It allows students to make training plans in five minutes.
10. Angry words – Angry words is a multiplayer and scrabble- type game. This app helps students exercise their mind when they find time.
11. Exam Time – Time is a useful app for creating online mind maps, online notes, flashcards and quizzes. This study app helps students in their exam preparation. It has tools like study groups, study planner, online calendar and private messaging. It is a web app which is optimized for all types of touch devices.
12. Circle of 6 – Safety is an important aspect of life. Circle of 6 ensures one’s safety by connecting him to six contacts of his choice. This app has a default message to be sent to contacts, once the person is in some danger. This app is helpful for students when they come home alone or walk around the campus.
All these apps are useful for promoting good learning atmosphere for students. Some of them are beneficial during exam time and some other apps help students in developing a sound body through physical exercises. Apart from these apps, online tutoring centers offer many services to students for improving their learning strategies and coming out successful in their studies.