With National Coffee Day just around the corner on Tuesday, Sept. 29, it’s time to celebrate America’s favorite morning beverage. Whether you prefer coffee alone, with breakfast, as a mid-day pick-me-up or after dinner, here’s 10 ways to celebrate National Coffee Day with your favorite brew.
1. Vanilla Cupcake Coffee. Celebrate National Coffee Day and the 65th birthday of Dunkin’ Donuts with a cup of Vanilla Cupcake coffee, the brand’s newest flavor, perfect for a birthday celebration or just because.
2. Creamy Blended Cupcake Coffee. Dunkin’ Donuts and Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien join forces with this recipe to celebrate the release of the Vanilla Cupcake blend. The frozen coffee drink tastes like a decadent dessert, but has just 50 calories.
1/2 cup light vanilla soymilk
4 oz. strong-brewed Dunkin’ Donuts Bakery Series Vanilla Cupcake Flavored Coffee, chilled
2 no-calorie sweetener packets
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 cups crushed ice (about 10 ice cubes)
Place all ingredients in a blender, and blend on high speed until smooth. Makes 1 serving. For another variation, make with 4 oz. of strong-brewed Dunkin’ Donuts Bakery Series Cinnamon Coffee Roll Flavored Coffee, chilled.
3. Chocolate Glazed Mocha. If you like your coffee with chocolate, you’ll love Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien’s recipe for Chocolate Glazed Mocha. With only 75 calories, this drink is also perfect for the hot chocolate lovers at your house.
2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 no-calorie sweetener packets
1 Dunkin’ Donuts Bakery Series Chocolate Glazed Donut Flavored Coffee K-Cup pod
3/4 cup light vanilla soymilk
Place cocoa powder and sweetener in a microwave-safe mug.
Insert the K-Cup pod into your Keurig brewer, and brew a small, strong portion of coffee (about 4 ounces) into the mug. Stir in soymilk. Microwave for 45 seconds, or until hot.
4. Coffee and prayer. Those who begin the day with prayer find comfort in a morning routine that includes giving thanks, asking for help and praying for those in need. Add a cup of your favorite brew and give the day to God.
5. Coffee and the news. Set your coffee maker to brew overnight and you’ll be ready to read the paper or check the news on the internet or TV with a cup of coffee in hand.
6. One perfect cup of coffee. Instead of brewing coffee by the pot, pick up a Keurig brewer and discover the joy of single-brew coffee. With single-brew coffee, each cup is piping hot, fresh and perfect. You’re worth it.
7. Coffee and a pumpkin chocolate chip muffin. Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine a small can of pumpkin and a box spice cake mix in a bowl and stir with a spoon until well mixed. Stir in 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips. Pour into 12 greased muffin cups. Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and enjoy.
8. Coffee and breakfast for dinner. Everyone loves breakfast, but there’s not always time to make a big breakfast on a work day. Serve breakfast for dinner with a pot of hot coffee and enjoy all of your favorite breakfast foods.
9. Coffee to go. Get up and get going. Brew your favorite blend of coffee at home and pour into a travel cup or drive through your favorite coffee shop on your way to work and enjoy coffee for the ride.
10. Free coffee. Enjoy a free cup of coffee for National Coffee Day on Tuesday, Sept. 29. Head to any participating Dunkin’ Donuts for a free medium cup of hot or iced Dark Roast coffee or visit any participating Krispy Kreme Donuts for a free original glazed donut and a free 12 ounce cup of coffee. These offers are only valid on National Coffee Day.
Plan ahead and enjoy a fresh cup of coffee — or two — served your favorite way as you celebrate National Coffee Day on Tuesday, Sept. 29. Coffee is the perfect way to kick-start your morning any day.