It is possibly one of the aesthetic problems that most women (some men are concerned with it but refuse to admit) are concerned with. It is also one of the reasons that majority of the women visit aesthetic medical clinics or plastic surgeons. But, believe it or not, visible wrinkles are dependent on how you treat your skin overtime. If you want to prevent and enjoy a smoother, younger skin, take note of the advice offered by the Spanish Society of Cosmetic Medicine and Surgery; they are valid for any age, whether you’re past what we would describe as maturity or still enjoy youthful skin:
1. Protect your skin from ultraviolet radiation (UV) – UV radiation is harmful to your skin. Too much sun will accelerate the process of skin aging and the appearance of wrinkles, one of its main stigmas. Solvaderm sunscreen protection are recommended for optimal protection of the facial skin. And if necessary, use sun glasses, a hat or visor brim, and some nice protective clothing.
2. Use stem cell dermal regeneration serum – If you want a golden skin tone even when you age, protect your skin using dermal regeneration serums. The best one that has been proven to be effective is Stemnucell anti-wrinkle serum that is made by the world reknowed Solvaderm skin care company. It use a natural mechanism that evokes the body’s ability to protect itself in order to slow down the process of aging thus ensuring you age gracefully.
3. Say no to the ‘snuff’ – If you smoke, you will definitely want to quit. We are yet come across a health benefit of smoking. This habit so harmful that it not only affects your brain, mouth, teeth, heart and lungs, but it also contains toxins that are known to cause skin damage. Studies have shown that smokers having skin wrinkles earlier and are more prone to skin cancer.
4. Check your weight – Avoid rapid weight changes. Although fast diets are fashionable, people who have drastic changes in weight are also shrinking and stretching their skin. As we age our skin loses its elasticity, and cannot regain its tone and vitality after each new change.
5. Water is life – Drink lots of water: at least two liters per day, especially between meals. It is vital to keep the body and the skin naturally hydrated. Also, plenty of water is recommended since it ensures proper disposal of unwanted toxins. Without enough water, your skin is dehydrated, with much the same effect as a grape becomes a raisin without the liquid foundation.
6. Eat well, feed your skin – Eat well: a rich, varied and balanced diet is good for the whole body. Basically carbohydrates in the morning and at noon (they are the source of the energy you need to function properly); and protein at night (to rebuild cells and organs, including the skin).
7. Know your glasses – the skin around the skin is very delicate. In fact, wrinkles start at this thin and fragile skin due to muscle contractions. Use corrective lenses only if you need them; when necessary wear sunglasses. Avoid certain lenses, especially periocular or compensatory lens that cause wrinkles. The best glasses should have UV protection.
8. Sleep on your back – it may seem and feel creepy but it really helps to protect your face. Perhaps you had not thought of it, but people who sleep on their sides often wake up with lines and marks on the skin. Over time, the continued trauma, can become permanent as your skin continues to lose its elasticity.
9. Avoid Stress – Surely, this advice may be the hardest to respect, but it’s a well-known fact that stress causes many skin problems and a myriad of other problems ranging from ulcer to declined cognitive ability. Stay happy, loosen the jaw; smile, relax the facial muscles.
10. Know your skin type – most people use the wrong skin products and this affects their skins ability to protect itself. Use appropriate skin cosmetics recommend by professionals. Fundamentally skin needs cleaning, hydration, nutrition and protection; but do not neglect the quality and how to use cosmetics. Enquire before buying a product and if you are not sure about the products’ safety concern, test it on your list wrist first.